Celtic Non-Matchday Discussion

https://twitter.com/CelticFC/status/1676153952012840960?t=99pJS9cMLD4baSfJtXuhpA&s=19

1 Like

That’s tremendous news.

2 Likes

New four year deal for Maeda too.

3 Likes

He deserves it as well :ronnyroar:

2 Likes

Delighted with the news of the two extended contracts but…am I being cynical in that any new contract or contract extension is a way of ensuring maximum return if a player is to be sold? More money for a player who has 4 years left on a contract rather that 2? FWIW I think these two guys are at Celtic for the long haul. Now if Hatate could be tied down, figuratively or literally, I’d be a lot happier.

Celtic v Wolves in Lansdowne Rd 29th of July :four_leaf_clover:

I was wondering what the atmosphere was going to be like. I normally hate these pre season farces with a second half of substitutions. I asked a lad if the GB were coming over and he told me he didn’t think so and rumours are they might boycott the first league game !!

May not be true but Rodgers will get some stick if he walks over clapping his hands after the game.

I’m only going to Lansdowne Road seeking an apology for the Tallaght incident.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion of using the non matchday thread on a matchday…

Decent game against Atheltic Bilbao today. Three good goals in a 3-2 win.

Oh was tremendous in the second half.
Turnbull and O’Riley both excellent too.
Contrary to media reports, but as advised by me, Holm is more of a sitting midfielder it seems. He was impressive in that role.

Yang took a few minutes to get going but looked good then. Abada looks in good form.

Iwata filling in at right back looked like he didn’t belong there.

Good to see CCV back playing and Ralston too.

Roll on Ross County.

1 Like

Scales play?

Yeah. Played the second half when the team played better. Early error but did well after that.

1 Like

He was impressive on Saturday. Deserves a bit of a run

1 Like
2 Likes

Bernabei absolutely smoked his man there

1 Like

CCV injury might be more serious than first thought. Nawrocki injured his hamstring against Kilmarnock and is going to be out for a couple of weeks at least. Welsh is out for a few months now also.

We only have Lagerbielke and Scales available for Ibrox with a chance of Johnston covering there.

Thread worth a read

1 Like

Just about to post it.

I suppose the questionis who can they sign in the £5-10m as he suggests. Player valuations are gone mental.

Championship clubs are firing out that kind of money, so what level of player are you actually competing for and are they actually going to make the team much better?

1 Like

Jota is one clever fucker, he is after signing the big 200k pw contract out there and he is sandbagging the cunts, not trying a leg.

Apparently he is set to leave, wherever he goes the Saudi crowd will surely be picking up abig portion of his wages.

He has played this beautifully if they don’t chop him up.

1 Like

I wonder if the rumour is true. More power to him if it is.

1 Like

Tbf the only Championship clubs throwing out that money are the ones who either came down last year or received massive money for players (Coventry specifically).