Celtic Transfers Summer 2018

He was a highly rated young winger who was lightweight and ineffective at Celtic and never looked like making it. Then he got moved inside at Hibs where he was more combative and a bit more all action. He had a very good season last year but hard to know if that was a one off or not.

1 Like

If he can impress against the better teams in the SPL, surely he can do the same in League One. Hopefully anyway!

Mmmmmmmmmm

1 Like

Some quotes on McGinn from Rodgers which suggests the interest is real anyway.

“I just wait to see what happens between the clubs, really. I’ve nothing more to say on that. I think it’s what happens in negotiations. That will be organised, hopefully, between the two clubs – and hopefully we have another player.”

What’s the story with Tierney?

Not going anywhere

He’s just gone to Armenia.

Hibernian have rejected a second bid from Celtic for Scotland midfielder John McGinn.

The 23-year-old has a year remaining on his Easter Road contract and is the subject of transfer interest from the Scottish champions.

Hibs head coach Neil Lennon says McGinn will play in Thursday’s Europa League first qualifying round tie against Faroese visitors NSI Runavik.

“Two bids have come in and been rejected by the club,” Lennon said.

“If you want to make a major story of it, that’s fine, but we’ve rejected two bids from Celtic. The club has a valuation of the player, I don’t know what that is, but obviously Celtic haven’t met the valuation that Hibs want at the minute.”

Lennon says McGinn is coping well with the speculation over his future and reiterated his importance to Hibs.

“He’s been all right,” said the former Celtic midfielder and manager. "Obviously it’s difficult dealing with speculation and when a club as big as Celtic come in for you, there’s always that anticipation from his point of view of maybe making that step forward.

“However, he has to be professional. We’ve had a couple of chats and he’ll just have to wait and see how it develops because he’s our player and a very important player to us.”

How much have Celtic bid for JMG ??

2mils

Suppose Hibs feel that can get a bit more but Celtic could hang on a year and they get sweet fuck all .

What’s the word on Arzani down under @fitzy?

Seems he’s going to become a Bhoy, albeit on loan. Special player, he’ll run rings around the duds in that league.

Not a fan on loans unless there’s an option to buy or they’re short term solutions for cover.

There’s talk it’s a 2 year loan which is better than a normal loan I guess and at least gives Celtic a decent opportunity to benefit from him as opposed to just coaching him up.

1 Like

The plus point is that unless he is a world beater then City may not have any interest in giving him a go with their first team.

Arzani looks likely to join City this weekend and then seemingly signing for Celtic for 2 years immediately with an option to buy. Strange one but City have exclusive rights on Melbourne players so I guess this as close as we can get to buying him.

If we have the option to buy it’s a good thing. Unless Arzani rips it up I don’t see City being overly interested in keeping him. They probably just see him as an investment a bit like they did with Mooy.

Yeah. They’re only paying 500k or something for him. It’s just they have first refusal on him and don’t want to give it up in case he’s a world class player.