Celtic v Hamilton

Gerrard slips up in a title race again.

1 Like

I thought we struggled to build sustained pressure and I think it might have been down to resting Jullien. We couldn’t get the two goal cushion, even though we still had good chances at various stages. Bitton and Ajer weren’t as commanding and clean in winning aerial battles etc and we were giving them throw ins and allowing them to get up the field when they launched the ball clear.

Who attacked the ball for the header for the goal? Made a bollocks of it, was it Taylor?

I’ve been a little underwhelmed by Taylor, could do with Bolingoli back, Taylor is very unsure and panicked on the ball.

Think it was Bitton as Taylor was behind marking someone else. The scorer was being marked by Ajer.

Goals please

Yeah Bitton was the one who rushed out. Think Ajer could be stronger and he struggles sometimes with that sort of close contact but if Bitton doesn’t rush out then I think he can help and force the chap away from goal.

They had a guy unmarked at the edge of the box too and we just didn’t look convincing at all in how we were setup to defend it.

Terrific goal to win it. I thought Griffiths had fouled in the build up too but they still had a chance to clear after that anyway so no complaints from me.

First goal is up a bit. Here’s the winner

1 Like

First Aberdeen goal

1 Like

Aberdeen equaliser

2 Likes

Incredible night of Scottish Premiership drama. Hearts really needed that late goal.

With no EPL football on television tonight, the Dons-Sevco clash took centre stage and boy did it deliver.

BT Sport’s coverage of Sunday’s League Cup Final kicks off at 9 (nine) am and they go off air 9 (nine) hours later. I dare say forum appetites were whetted tonight and several SPFL newcomers will be tuning in.

Obviously the game will tell all, but probably no harm for Celtic to go into the final after getting a kick up the hole / a scare to focus minds. A few concerns with some frontline players only returning from injury and a couple might not start. Edouard is probably more likely to make it than Bolingoli and Elyounoussi as he’s only been out for 7-10 days.

The way tonight panned out must have been sickening for Sevco in the end though. Two goals up early on and they would have been feeling mighty, but being pegged back to 2-2 would have pissed them off. Then their anger would have been quelled somewhat by hearing that Hamilton equalised at Celtic Park in the last minute, but for Scott Brown to score the winner at the death. They must have been seething afterwards. A real gamut of emotions for the bastards all told.

Only 15 games gone and a mere 2-point gap but that felt like a significant night.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/celtictv/status/1202361792237907973

Run Forster Run is good social media CONTENT and should get excellent ENGAGEMENT but I like the three ballboys at the bottom of the screen going nuts.

3 Likes

That’s a tremendous tweet.

So do I mate. You’d need a heart of stone not to.