Celtic v St Mirren ☘ 🍀

Dembélé really really close to an og there.

Griffiths coming on for Bitton.

LLLLLLLLUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGgggggggggggg

1 Like

Lovely ball in from Roberts and a little glance from Lustig just to steer it inside the far post.

SSSSSSSIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNCCCCCCCCLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIRRRRrrrrrrrrrr

1 Like

Stunning goal from Sinclair who has been really quiet.

Griffiths has been really sharp since he came on. Won the free kick for the Lustig goal with some quick feet, released Sinclair for the second and nearly created a third there.

Scotty Sinclair is so wonderful.

1 Like

DDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMMMMMBBBBBÉÉÉÉÉÉÉLlllllllléééééééééééé

That’s a gorgeous goal.

Lustig goal:

Sinclair goal:

New bhoy about to come on…

Dembélé side foots one wide. We’re playing tremendous football now.

Eboue Kouassi on for Armstrong.

GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTHHhhhhhhhhhssssssssssss

Third goal:

Kouassi looks a tidy passer.

Roberts smashes one off the post at the end.

Finishes 4-1. Got a little concerning there for a while but we were tremendous for a 20 minute spell there and finished it out very comfortably.

Lessons learned:

• Kouassi looks decent, but the game was dead by then
  • GMS gets involved and gets chances but his end product isn’t good enough. Really needs to improve
  • Sviatchenko can be bullied a bit
  • Griffiths is ready to be a factor again

Only saw the first 53 minutes as I had to shoot off to Wexford Park.

Think we can move on from and do better than Sviatchenko, Bitton and GMS.

I agree on GMS.

I’m not sure on Bitton. He can have good days. And I think he’s certainly good enough to be a squad player if that suits him. In recent seasons we’ve been too light on defensive midfielders so I’d be happy to have him as an option, though Brown and Armstrong would be my first choice there with Kouassi hopefully good enough to move ahead of Bitton.

Sviatchenko was overrated last season. I don’t get why he’s so highly thought of by the fans. He’s not great in the air, tentative with the ball at his feet and reads the ball poorly often enough. That said, he’s not a disaster. Again, he’s better than cover in recent years - e.g. Ambrose etc. So I’d be hoping we’d be replacing Touré and that might make Sviatchenko redundant but I wouldn’t mind keeping him around as a rotation option.

GMS just isn’t good enough I don’t think. He does make some decent runs but he’s too unconvincing on the ball which is not a good attribute for an attacker.