Champions League 2012/13 Match Day 3, 23/24 October

Deserved to be beaten by Dortmund, beaten by Real and are being beaten here. Not up to scratch at CL level yet.

There is absolutely no reason they shouldn’t be given the experience they have. They’re being found out again tonight though and Ajax are keeping the ball really easily at the moment.

Arsenal leaving it late here.

They have a squad that should be extremely competitive in the CL but were a little unlucky in getting tough groups both years. Despite what he has won, I don’t think Mancini is a very good manager. United threw it away last year and it was as poor a United team as I’ve seen in a long time that City beat on goal difference-this when I would say only Valencia and maybe Vidic would get into the City team.

Mancini is a very good manager in EPL terms, not highly rated in Italy at all though. He panders too much to the xenophobic English public by using British players like Hart, Barry, Milner, Rodwell, Richards, Lescott etc.

If you look at the experience of their players versus Ajax or Dortmund or Napoli then they’re vastly more experienced than the teams that have outplayed them. They’re relying an awful lot on the fact that this is a new project etc. But they’ve bought players who have won the tournament and been in the latter stages plenty of times. Ajax, Dortmund and Napoli haven’t had that luxury.

On second thoughts, why not?

I agree-I am postulating as to the reason(s) why.

I agree also. I don’t buy the excuses that are usually put out.

what happened yaya? eamo “he dropped his wage packet on his foot” he really hates city! who do he call a lounge lizard?

That was very enjoyable. Mancini’s making an absolute clown of himself at this level, this season worse than last. His little 10-minute disastrous bursts of three at the back are hilarious. It’s a horrible indictment of how shit the current United team is that we lost a league to that idiot last year.

I see Tony O’Donoghue is doing his fake touchscreen thing again. :lol: Madrid’s goal was beautiful.

Dunphy completely panning the premier league as complete shite tonight when two weeks ago he was lauding it as the be all and end all when arguing against Trap.
Also Mancini can’t get his lads to battle or do it ‘week in week out’ despite them winning their league title and constantly pulling off comeback wins.
He’s a ‘gas man’ but the show would be much better with someone playing devils advocate and pointing out his contradictions.

City

:o :strokechin: :lol: :guns: :ireland:

Mancini is a fraud.

“The thoughts of that clown Balotelli walking off with a Champions League medal sickens me” - Dunphy

“It’s good to see a young team like Ajax does well against a bunch of… delinquent mercenaries like Man City” - Dunphy

“I’ve never liked the Man City project, I’ve never liked Mancini” - Dunphy

:lol:

don´t worry rocko…i stuck 1000 points on it…that leaves me a closing balance of +4000 pts…more certs to follow…
I’m getting the hang of this TFK betting…

Roberto giving City every chance of retaining their Champions (c) tag in England by getting out of this mickey mouse competition :clap:

:ph34r: :strokechin:

this is news?

he flopped for Inter in europe with the best players in the world then Jose took over and they won the CL

Wont be long before Jose and Cristiano rock up at Eastlands either mate. Its been fun with Roberto, he knocked the rags off their perch last season in Fergie time however, and for that he will forever be a legend :clap:

:rolleyes:

cat got your tongue about the english “hoolies” rioting in Amsterdam?

You better lose to Ajax at home so if you want to stay out of the Europa.

Fergie shows how Champions league football is done this season. :clap: