Champions League 2021/22 - Another Magic night in Madrid from the Kings of Europe

I much prefer Barcelona to Real Madrid but you have to have incredible respect for Marcelo, Modic etc.

That Eduardo Camavinga looks a very astute signing by Real Madrid.

Will he get a look for France at the World Cup ?

Ewan is casting aspersions over Modric’s longevity.

Funnily enough around the time of Barcelona and real Madrid’s dominance there was a few articles analysing the distance covered by the Barcelona players. I remember a particular focus on iniesta and xabi in the run up to the 2012 euros.

Funnily enough you don’t ever see those types of articles about Man City and Liverpool from the same British journos…

Its been rumored for a while now.

There’s no drugs could get you an assist like that :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

agreed

Real Madrid have had billions in debt written off by the Spanish government. A vile club.

Real Madrid were sports washing for Franco’s fascists before it was cool

1 Like

Well if Russia were meant to be doped for last World Cup and modric ran them and England into the ground in the space of a few days then you’d have to wonder …

You’re surely not that foolish?

Id wonder about nearly all professional footballers. There’s just no way possible that doping isnt widespread in football. Always has been. Itslians have been famous for it since the 60s. Spain destroyed all the operation puerto samples when barca, with a fine history of doping, were able to outrun anyone on the planet and never get injured. Neville wrote about taking unknown meds before games for england and feeling like he could run forever. Doping had been found in most sports. It beggars belief that it wouldnt be widespread in the biggest and possibly richest game in the world.

4 Likes

Whereas the FAI was just full of dopes.

I know Professional Footballers are almost superhuman but playing 60 or 70 odd games a year between club and country across the globe with all the travel involved doesn’t seem possible without some chemical help.

Token black guy alert

Didn’t a cyclist who admitted to doping under same doctor say he used to see high profile Spanish soccer players waiting to meet doctor

I’d imagine all high level footballers are doped to some extent. Guardiola was caught doping as a player