Champions League 2021/22 - Another Magic night in Madrid from the Kings of Europe

Wasn’t a Scouser anyway. They usually piss on you after they steal your wallet.

2 Likes

There was fuck all in it anyway, few beaten dockets

5 Likes

I couldn’t get over the anti Irish sentiment in the city.

1 Like

4-1 to the pool I’d say. They’ll give the intermediates a run for the second leg then.

@Cheasty what’s your verdict on Villareal? Difficult? Sound like a team that’ll cause issues although just see they’re missing their talisman.

Based on us beating them handy in 2016 I expect us to beat them handy again, ie. a three goal aggregate margin.

Did I hear Keith Andrews voice on the Virgin Media analysis as YNWA was being sung? I thought he’d left his role as an analyst to concentrate on the Ireland job. Thought Tommy Martin said Keith.

We only finished them off late enough in that tie though because of the away goals rule. It was 2-1 on agg until the last 10 mins if memory serves me right and an away goal for them could have been fatal.

Emery allowing Robertson loads of space.

I’d forgotten they beat us in the first leg of that. But we were definitely far superior in the second leg.

I think being home first suits us. Get a two goal or more lead and force them to attack second leg, which they don’t like.

Should be ahead already.

Henderson is some ape.

Signing in.

Van dijk lucky not to see a red for that filth.

How is that a yellow for van Dijk and yet Cocquelin didn’t get one for a far more cynical foul?

Can you still miss a final for yellow cards or did they get rid of that rule?

Too casual in possession… While they might have 10 behind the ball you have to move it (them) around quicker. Set pieces have been poor.

Missed most of the half. Was watching the hurling.

Thiago nearly scored a worldie from distance. Clipped the post. Mane could have a hat-trick by now as well. Need to find a breakthrough here before the return in fortress El Madrigal.

I got the Limerick match to start a little earlier. You should have asked the Munster Council.

Konate and Van Dijk have a great aura about them when they come up together for set pieces.