Champions League 2022/23 Matchday 3

Haksabanovic starts.

1 Like

Interesting. I’m calling that a surprise.

I didn’t commit it to writing, or indeed verbalise it, but I had a thought during the Real Madrid game that Haksabanovic might eventually join Jota as a first choice winger. Abada has an excellent scoring rate and has a natural ability to get into scoring positions in the box from a starting wide position, but he perhaps lacks something in traditional winger/dribbling play and hard running power needed in modern game. Maeda is looking like he might become a rotation player and be useful as an attacking utility player, but he doesn’t have the ability of the other three. Haksabanovic looks like he has the attributes to create and score and get up and down the pitch. But yes, probably a surprise that he’s forced his way in a CL starter already.

1 Like

its goal involvements that matter mate, not scoring rate

2 Likes

I met @The_brisbane_lion this morning.

I asked her what she made of the new king.

“Stone the flamin crows DB. Ange has been around for years” was the reply.

I had to hold my hands up and say fair dinkum.

Mon the Hoops :ireland:

4 Likes

“Sorry for your loss Michael Fagan”

:laughing:

2 Likes

Impeccable minute’s silence

3 Likes

I could only see “uck the crown”

A “good luck the crown” banner perhaps?

2 Likes

Great save that tbf

This is like matchday 1 so far. Celtic all over them early. Kyogo’s one on one the best chance, good save by the keeper with his legs.

Get in

Haaaattttaaaattttteeeee

1 Like

Hhhhaaaatttasaatttteeeee

1 Like

Brutal first touch by this chap allowed Celtic to break for the goal, but he looks like he can dribble at huge speed.

His name is Reo

Mudryk scores. McGregor sold himself. They got in behind our midfield and the young lad destroyed Juranovic for pace.

Ffs sake

Hart could have done better there

Celtic are wobbling a bit now.

Mudryk has an electric turn of pace alright