Champions League 2023/24 Round of 32

Dunney looks like he’s had a jar or two

CCV and Scales are a serious partnership at the back

2 Likes

Looks technically sound but ran out of steam. Think he’s type of player Rodgers likes & will improve. Gait and running style reminds me of Robert Pires.

1 Like

Maeda is one of the best buys we ever got.

1 Like

That’s really naive by Newcastle

1 Like

Just after realising that the Newcastle game is on. 2-0 down in Dortmund and in major trouble in that group now. There’s a decent chance that two of the EPL clubs are knocked out in the group stages this season.

Newcastle will win the europa league

This is the day

1 Like

They’ll be a major threat in it anyway. Could be a Liverpool v Newcastle final in Dublin. Man Utd might have a day in that yet too.

1 Like

They could do with getting a few wily lads with European pedigree into that team. Loads of power but lacking a bit of nous. Tonali is a big loss in these games too. Joelinton missed a sitter to level it also.

A Liverpool v Manchester United final in Dublin would be the ultimate Irish sporting occasion. You can’t get more Irish than Ireland’s two true national teams going head to head in Ireland’s capital in a prestigious European final.

It would be the real All-Ireland final and would demand an Up For The Match special.

3 Likes

That is one powerful PSG forward line on paper, defense stacked as well.

Patrick Kielty and Marie Crowe presenting for a nice mix of rival Footix factions and to keep everyone happy.

Gearoid Hegarty on to discuss Limerick’s upcoming Round Robin game against Waterford. “Ah sure look, Walsh Park is a tough place to go” and his love of Liverpool. Also in the Liverpool corner would be Johnny Smacs, Chris De Burgh, Jackie Cahill and Paddy Murphy. Jason MacAteer and Ronnie Whelan sure to be wheeled out too.

The Man United fraternity would be represented by Michael Martin whose main wish would be for a good game and memorable occasion in Dublin, Cian from Westlife, Denis Irwin and JP McManus. Roy Keane makes a reluctant and bolshy appearance where he shows his disdain for the “UEFA Cup”.

3 Likes

It’s easy see why Liverpool are by far the most successful English team in the European Cup.

3 Likes

That’s a poor header from McGregor really.

We don’t half shoot ourselves in the foot in these games. Absolutely shit header by McGregor.

Big night for left winger Rafa Leao in Milan, could be in line to be ruined by Manchester United if Sir Marcus rumours are to be believed.

Dembele, Kolo Muani, M’Bappe reminds me of one those good Tipp full forward lines @peddlerscross

1 Like

Simeone has been in charge of Atletico Madrid since 2011.

There has never seemed to be any interest from other clubs in taking him on.

I think he may be the best paid manager in Europe.

I wonder if that’s the main factor or if clubs don’t want him and his perceived knackerish ways associated with them.