Champions League 2024/2025

Is that in the inter-firm? Winner plays Stryker or Unijobs in the next round?

3 Likes

It’s like a hand in Scrabble.

2 Likes

Fifa’s transfer rules go against European Union law, rules EU’s highest court Fifa’s transfer rules go against European Union law, rules EU’s highest court | Fifa | The Guardian

Now what.

Nothing to do with epl I assume now the mainland isn’t living under the tyranny of EU law

1 Like

Must be 14 or 15 former winners in there. European football royalty.

1 Like

I count 15 previous winners and a further 6 beaten finalists

1 Like

That was the year Liverpool whinged their way into the competition

As reigning champions

4 Likes

Nope.

Liverpool didn’t qualify.

They whinged their way into the competition.

They qualified as defending champions.

4 Likes

How many former winners aren’t in it would be a good quiz question. Man united, forest?

Porto, Steaua

Ajax

Marseille

I wonder are there any other clubs not in it who have won it multiple times, have the most domestic titles in their country, the most fans in their country, the biggest weekly attendance and have spent a billion euro on their squad.
Ajax probably tick most of those

Hamburger must be the only ones playing second tier football I’d reckon :thinking: Obviously Forest in same boat for a while

Loads in german second division who have played in the champions league at some point. Hamburger, Schalke, Hertha, Kaiserslautern … pretty sure there’s another too. Forest, Hamburg and Villa must be only ones who have been relegated after winning I’d say

Juventus were relegated too.

Weren’t Juventus relegated too, in the boardroom anyway?

Nope.

They didn’t qualify and the fans threatened all sorts and eventually uefa let them in.

Possibly the start of the demise of the once great competition.