Champions League 2024/2025

Havertz must be the most improved forward around at the minute. Partey looks washed though.

Arsenal bought that Italian defender but can’t help but think a real top rate left winger was what was needed. Chelsea are supposed to be selling Mudryk in January, I wonder will Arteta go back in for him as they were very close before. The lad needs serious coaching, still only 23

1 Like

Cuadrado is some blast from the past. Atalanta are a fine team. Should take a couple of scalps this autumn.

1 Like

Serious coach

Ah Jesus that was the luckiest escape Arsenal ever had. Even at the time it seemed mad to be spending €100 million on a fella with 13 career goals.

Their collection of stats nerds must rate him if they went to that price though

He is linked with Marseille as well, he could go over there for a couple of years and get his form back. Chelsea would still have 4 or 5 years on his deal. Marseille just signed Rabiot as well. Serious team of bastards there.

1 Like

There was champions league on tonight? A Thursday? This format is an abomination.

1 Like

Why does everything I love must be destroyed ?

I guess the one positive more clubs from outside the top tier make the group phase so in theory have a change of hanging onto the top players longer.

1 Like

Its funny how winning the FA Cup doesnt count as a trophy for some clubs, but does for others.

Its not a proper trophy, unless the team you support wins it.

I’d completely forgotten he had won one. I stand corrected.

Wow

https://twitter.com/bayerninmunchen/status/1837026404623352042?t=blZ7mEUdwJ9NF2nA25s3Tg&s=19

1 Like

The Haggis mcjockstrap crew must have been pounding their keyboards for two days solid. :grin:

1 Like

Celtic showed some evidence of maturing in that second half on matchday 1. Taking chances, being clinical in the second half & turning dominance into a win. Granted the opposition weren’t as strong as the sides they’ve faced at home in the last couple of years in the CL under Postecoglou & Rodgers.

Next challenge is handling a higher ranked opponent away from home. Last season they were quite naive & went down to 9 men away to Feyenoord & then 10 men early on away to Atletico when those fuckers produced the dark arts, feigning injury, pressurising the ref etc. Dortmund won’t be that cynical tonight but they’ll be a huge step up in class on anything Celtic have played this season.

CCV is out so Trusty will partner Scales. Trusty looked much better on Saturday after his shaky debut the week before in a “reserve” defence in the League Cup. He was sharp in the tackle, aggressive in the air & passed it out well from the back. Looked in tune with Scales too but there’s a possibility Dortmund might be more potent than St Johnstone. Greg Taylor is expected to be available after coming off at half time at the weekend, while Paulo Bernardo might have edged ahead of Reo Hatate in the battle for the last midfield spot alongside McGregor & Engels.

Celtic usually deal with a low block in Scotland (cc @Aertel220) so it’ll be interesting to see if Maeda, Kuhn & Kyogo can utilise any space behind tonight. Dortmund will surely play on the front foot themselves. Some self-appointed German football expert has a thread on Celtic - “one of the most tactically intriguing sides in Europe” - that may interest fellow Footii & I’ve linked to it below. I’m not predicting that Celtic will win away to Dortmund (2 CL away wins in 39 games, no competitive win in Germany!) but I think this version of Celtic are much better equipped to take on the better teams. Time will tell but I think optimism is justified rather than misplaced. I think Celtic will try to attack & play their own game so they risk getting picked off but I reckon both teams will score & there’ll be at least 5 goals in the game. Now I don’t want Dortmund to score 4 of them but we’ll see.

https://twitter.com/xxadamkhanxx/status/1840765127424881023?s=46&t=0sQkcb7z4szDmx1-2Xlm0w

3 Likes

I think he goes with Bernardo tonight and Hatate to come on hopefully when we are still in the game. Rest of the team picks itself these days, which is great.

Uncle Tom English (I know) reckons Sule will start up againt Maeda, if true he will have a field day

Fishal now

2 Likes

Uncle Tom as wrong as ever

1 Like

Ah football friends. Dortmund PA playing You’ll Never Walk Alone.

Surprised at that as klopp was dortmund manager and as we all know Liverpool are heavily linked with rangers and have traditionally been a protestant club.

1 Like

Dived into it. Dortmund are a rotten club

Ah lovely.