Champions League Final Qualifying Round

Game on Ger.

I think that Young Boy on the post should have stopped that Spurs goal. They’ve looked better since Huddlestone replaced Essou-Ekoto, who is a remarkably shit player.

Back in it. They didn’t deserve that

I don’t really mind Spurs but I was amused watching them being destroyed. I know Spurs’ defending was a joke for a couple of the Young Boys’ goals but I was disappointed with Young Boys for the Spurs’ goal. I thought the lad on the post could have done more and the 'keeper didn’t fully commit to a dive either; he was probably wary of colliding with the defender but, fook it, you’ve got to accept the possible collision in those situations. It’s the type of game where anything could happen and a 3-1 now wouldn’t be that much of a disaster for Spurs after most of that first half.

Dynamo Kiev 0-0 Ajax
Rosenborg 1-0 FC Copenhagen
Sparta Prague 0-0 MSK Zilina

Result from earlier: Zenit 1-0 Auxerre

The second goal was taken beautifully.

Taking up Braz’s point on the left back; he’s the archetypal modern day full back whose defending is severely lacking. I saw a game towards the end of last season where Manchester United completely exposed his lack of positional awareness and that was evident again.

I know he’s liable to score a scruffy goal in the 6-yard box in the second half but I really dislike Jermain Defoe as a footballer. He’s a flat track bully in home games against lesser opposition, and I accept that he’s in the team more for movement and finishing rather than holding up the ball and keeping possession, but his basic inability to do the latter in any game when they’re under pressure or away from home is embarrassing.

A few other weak enough links in that starting team too.

Modric gone off. Thought he was Spurs’ best player in the first half.

Defoe is a cunt. I’m off to post here now.

Defoe’s goalscoring form is poor too Bandage. Only three goals in open play in the league in 2010 according to football365. You have to question what else he is offerring when he’s not scoring.

Agh

Spurs looking quite likely now and that’s why I remarked earlier that the score could really be anything in this second half…because for all young boys’ success going forward in the first half their defending never convinced me and they’re playing a quite open game here. Still, Bale is now left back and he’s equally inept at defending though will be dangerous bombing on.

Fancy Keane to get a goal here.

Robbie Keane’s chances of a move to a team in European competition now look slim.

Jeez Tottenham look pretty poor.

What are the “hugely adverse conditions” that Spurs have encountered? Are they talking about the pitch. Sky are really hanging onto that - “we don’t know how good this Young Boys team really are…”

“Small matter of a trip to Stoke City for Tottenham to contend with between this game and the return fixture…”

I think the commentator meant that “small” to sound ironic!

Poor show from Spurs alright, but at 3-1 I’d just about fancy them to get through. A goal either way would change things big time. Big 15 minutes in the context of the tie coming up.

Unstoppable?

Great movement and finish from the Russian there. Quality goal.

Robbie Keane shows his worth there. They’ve looked much better since he replaced Defoe.