Champions League Final Thread

Agreed good teams don’t throw away 3 goals leads. Good teams don’t fall 3 goals behind in big European games. Its an awful standard. The hurling the equivalent of the 2013 hurling championship. Two Mickey mouse outfits in the final.

2 Likes

You’re contradicting yourself there. Limerick won an All Ireland last year without even making a Munster Final and getting murdered by Clare in Ennis.

Have a bevvy and lighten up mate

You wouldn’t want to end up in the ozzie with all that anger

You’re acting like a right divvy

Yid army you cunts.

Fuck the fucking lot of you.

1 Like

Have two teams ever meet in the final when neither were domestic league champions the previous season? Possibly last year with the pool and real?

Ah no I get it, I’m genuinely happy for the fans involved but the competition itself is clearly devalued

Real won the league the previous year to last year. Both Real Atletico finals of the last decade came in years after Barca had won the league. I’d imagine there’s plenty tbh

1 Like

Unusual neither team are league champions from the previous season and neither will win the league most likely the year they won the European cup.

real won the league in 2016/17 so were League champions winning the Champions league for the third time in succession.

i think it was 13/14 when Real and Atleti contested the final. Barca had won the league the previous year

The really great teams do the double at least once. Liverpool unlucky this year

1999 was one.

That year in particular was Mickey Mouse stuff - a dreadful standard and a valueless title.

2 Likes

This final is cheapened by two teams that haven’t won their league in decades . Also it is being played in the home ground of a Europa League pedigree club .

1 Like

ooooooooooooooooooooft

Man United won the treble that season. They were champions of their own league and won the European cup in 90 minutes. That is not an example.

Agreed not winning the league seriously devalues winning the European cup. The great teams win on both fronts.

1 Like

3 of the last 4 were held in Kiev, Cardiff and Berlin. Think Atleti might have a small bit more pedigree than those

Yep and Liverpools only champions league title was won on the lottery of penalties. In modern football Liverpool and spurs are largely an irrevlance.

According to your own standards it’s a valueless title.

The standard was shit that year. Three comedy goals in the final.

A crap Juventus team which conceded three goals in a row in the semi-final.

A crap Inter Milan team which couldn’t defend crosses to save their lives in the quarter final, conceding identical goals.

Man United won on the lottery in the last all English final… in fact I think that was the worst final in living memory.

Agreed but Cardiff is not a club ground . Kiev was a political decision . The Berlin stadium is the main stadium in that city .

The “Atlético stadium is the stadium of a Europa pedigree club and the second stadium in city .