Champions League - Match Day 3

Roma and Arsenal double for me tonight. (4/6 and 8/13)

It pains me to say this as a Celtic, Roma, Atletico Madrid and Spartak Moscow supporter amongst others but Real Madrid and Milan are probably the two greatest clubs in the history of European football in terms of honours won. Yet Irelandā€™s TV3 decides to show a game involving two teams, Arsenal and Shakhtar Donetsk, that possess hardly any pedigree in this elite competition.

Radio commentary of Pats/ Rovers is better than Arsenal and Shakhtar Donetsk. A stupid Uefa rules prevents domestic football being brodcast live on tv when the Champions league is on. :rolleyes:

Shambles of a wall there from Milan.

Real 2-0 up. Ronaldo with a free kick and a deflected effort from Ozil

Van Der Sar would be proud of that drop by the Shakhtar goalkeeper.

Lawro making jokes about Liverpool saying they are renaming their trophy room. Its going to be called the room. Oouch. And from an ex player. :lol:

Devastating to see my beloved Milan like this. The youtoob hero of course sums up all that is wrong there at the moment unfortunately. The only silver lining is to see a man such as JosƩ prosper once more.

What a freekick from Pirlo and what a save from Iker :clap:

Milan have started the season quite well in my opinion and Allegri is still putting his stamp on things - Iā€™m not sure how often youā€™ve seen them yourself? I donā€™t think their set up suits them away from home though - Gattuso, Pirlo and Seedorf have to cover an awful lot of ground with Ronaldinho playing ahead of them in the hole behind Zlatan and Pato. They donā€™t have the collective stamina or speed to block off danger and the defence can be exposed when an attack minded teams comes at them with lots of movement and pace, which happens more when theyā€™re on the road. They still play some lovely football but I think they need to get Prince Boateng into the midfield and sign another player or two in that sector over the next season or so.

Very enjoyable half of football. Oezil firing the referee onto the ground was amusing. :lol:

Two lovely goals by Ajax so far tonight. Demy De Zeeuw was an embarrassment when I watched Ajax at home to Utrecht recently and was taken off to a chorus of boos, but heā€™s rifled in a quality goal tonight. The finish by Suarez was pure class - I reckon heā€™ll surely move to a club in a bigger league next summer.

Arsenal can put Europe to bed unti February. 5.0 up. Wilshire scored the goal of the night. Hes going to be some player.

i didnt know bandage had scottish, spanish, italian and russian blood!! on a side note is there a more overrated player in all of football than ibrahinovic?? the guy is uselessā€¦(he has definitely the best agent in football.id say he would sell sand to the arabs!!)

Eduardo scores a great goal. Great respect from the Arsenal fans applauding it. :clap:

A disaster in Rome but the situation is retrievable.

Donā€™t beat yourself up about it. Youā€™re only new here, you canā€™t know everything.

That one doing the round up on TV3 would get it.Savage.

Iā€™m sick of that shit a long time ago. Showing a nothing game when a decent game is availble to watch.

Thought milan had the better of the first half and only for two poxy goals would have been in control. Poor second half but finished strong. Robinho was lively when on. Big league games coming up so need to get results there and keep the decent start to the season going

Ferguson with a baffling team selection

Kuszczak
Rafael
Smalling
Vidic
Evra
Park
Carrick
Anderson
Fletcher
Nani
Macheda

Bench has Berbatov, Chichiratio, Neville, Oā€™Shea, Obertan and the homeless Bebe. Ferguson given the Internationally retired Berbatov a rest again after a 2 week break a joke.