Champions League Matchday 2 : 27-28 September 2011

Bayern stealing the seven nations army song from the Olimpico. :angry:

Exception that proves the rule. I hate that expression.

Good game this. Two good sides. Terrible miss there from Schweinstiger. Goal now for Gomez.

David Silva looking superb for Man City. It’s not so long ago that Giles, Dunphy et al were calling for him to be dropped from the Spanish team for Fabregas even though they clearly never saw Silva play before.

I was justified in my labelling of Gomez as a waste of money at the time I did it.

That was a stonewall penalty.

Alan McInally didn’t see the contact there!

Super Mario again!

Gomez has improved drastically, he looked like a massive flop in his first season but he’s really turned it around.

His goalscoring stats since the beginning of last season are unbelievable.

He suffered a bit after failing to live up the hype at Euro 2008 and I accept partial blame for that as I was talking him up at the time. To be fair he was superb at Stuttgart too. He’s some poacher - not that much more to his game and he misses a few chances but his stats are excellent.

His hair is like George McFly’s from Back to the Future.

Fuck sake I pop out for 20 mins :angry:

Richards getting eaten alive by Riberry and Lahm.

Basil deserved that

Good chance for Gomez again. MBB is right - Bayern are absolutely destroying Richards on that flank.

United are shocking in defence tonight, 2-2, super cross

Incredible scenes on the City bench acc to SKY. Exchanges between Dzeko who has been subbed, and Mancini, and Geoff Shreeves has said theres been angry words between Tevez and Mancini now too.

McInally was watching a slow-motion replay of Schweinsteiger’s shot there when he was counting the seconds he had the ball!

Bayern are utterly dominant now.

United 3-2 down!!

One of the Frei’s from the spot, a dubious enough penalty, but totally Uniteds own making.
Basel fully deserve their lead.

Alps > Pennines

delighted for friend of the forum Xhedran Shaqiri :clap: