Champions League Matchday 3 (feat Bayern v Celtic ☘ )

City off the line. This is irresistible

Varane own goal has Spurs ahead.

The commentary on BT was hilarious

The Premier League is back

+1. Liverpool, City and Spurs dominating the European leagues finest.

1 Like

Hold on . Liverpool v a team from Slovenia ; the Italian league is past tense and early doors in Madrid .

For the week that’s in it : weather and climate are different .

Penalty to Napoli

Saved

Ronaldo equalises from the spot

Another Napoli penalty.

The last one was an utter dogshit effort. Lets see what they do with this one.

Diawara steps up

Scores

2-1

Oooft, City goal ruled out for offside, that was beautiful play though.

City 2-1 Napoli. Closer than it should have been.

What are our options?

1. Back 3 of
    Boyata - Bitton - Tierney

2. Bring in Gamboa
    Gamboa Lustig Boyata Tierney

3. Just switch Bitton straight in
    Lustig Boyata Bitton Tierney

4. Other more radical options involving Ajer or someone. (Ralston is injured. I assume Sviatchenko is still out too?)

I think I’d go for #3

Could have a Lustig, Boyata, Tierney back three too but I think he’ll play Gamboa and move Lustig inside.

Sorry that’s the back 3 I meant. Silly error from me.

What match are RTE showing tomorrow night guys?

Benfica vs Man Utd

:pint: Deadly.

Champions League is very much the lesser priority for Naples’ finest this season, the Scudetto being all that really matters. This can be seen in team Sarri put out - no Jorginho (who provides excellent protection for back 4 by lying deep in midfield) and no Allan (the most underrated combatitive playmaker in Europe at present). These two have started every game for Napoli so far this year up to last night. The fact Sarri rested both for Inter clash at the weekend, by bringing in Zielinski & Diawarra, speaks volumes. Maurizio Sarri knows where his bread is buttered! Everyone in Naples feels this is the year to finally win Serie A.

Im not saying these two guys would have necessarily stopped City from dominating like they did in the first half, but they would have been a big help!

3 Likes