Champions League - Round of 16 Draw

If the 20 teams from each league played each other (EPL & Serie A) with top playing top and all the ways down, iā€™d say there is no doubt the results would weigh about 60% in favour of the EPL. But for me that doesnā€™t make it better to watch. Some of the technical play in the Serie A is better, but unfortunately alot of the teams that are poor to watch in the EPL are physically superior to their equivilant in Serie A and i think they would over power them.

i spent the day in the barbers in malahide & i can confirm that not only do i have the exact same haircut as Europes best player but it suits me to a tee as well

forza roma

That could be a very good point but itā€™s hard to tell what youā€™re trying to say. Take a deep breath and post again using punctuation.

:rolleyes:
FOAD
etc etc

The phrase two bald men fighting over a comb comes to mindā€¦

a lot of that doesnt make any sense. 1989? do you really want to go back that far and say that was the end of Italian dominance? Really? a quick stat, there have been 6 winners from Italy and Spain in that time, 3 from england. there have been 7 Italian finalists, 4 English and 3 Spanish. Or is 1989 too far back for you? Do you want to take it to recent years, when Serie A has been shite, but still has produced winners and finalists?

And again, where the hell do I ever say in my original post that I think Milan are a top side in Europe? I have never once said Serie A is the top league in Europe. I have never said Milan were better than any of the top sides. I am comparing them with Spurs, who are not a top European side.

Milans ramshakle defence? Compared with Redknapps defence where he has publically stated it is weak and they can only win by trying to score lots as he knows they concede? If you were talking about Chelsea or Man Utds defence Iā€™d easily concede they are better, as they most certainly are, but how can you call Milans defence ramshackle when comparing them with Spurs?

And as the lads have already stated and showed your bluffering, Ronaldinho probably wiont even be in the squad come the Spurs game, so how can you think he is an influential player and command a place in the side when he doesnt? You seem to have dropped Inzaghi from your argument now you realise he has only been a sub, but I suppose that seeing him score 2 against Madrid you assumed he was a main player still.

Feel free to continue to out me as a fool and a blinkered knowledge of European football, but remember you were the one who thinks Bayern are a top 8 European side, when they are just after scraping to 5th in the bundesliga before the winter break.

Ah here surely Bayern are in the top 8 of potential winners of this competition

mickee321 is either a terrible WUM or un peu retardƩ.

Heā€™s a wum for sure, but i think he was just spoofing in this instance.

Bayern have a good squad, not sure for the reasons they are not doing any better.

I think Spurs will batter Milan. Does anyone disagree?

FAO Mickee

Do you still expect Spurs to hammer AC Milan over two legs???

Bump.
interesting thread this looking backā€¦
i seem to have predicted a 2-1 first leg win for arsenal as well earlier on on the thread

my only regret was that i didnt load Shaktar+1 tonight as advised in the other thread instead of only putting 50 on as well as the money made on tottenham last night.

if gman and kev have any credability left they will discontinue posting on european football

clarkey and me know the score

tell me again how Milan are crap because they rely on Inzaghi and Ronaldinho there. :rolleyes:

look at the state of the current Milan team last night? it was a disgrace.
they were absolutely shite the night against Real Madrid also and were saved by goals from Inzhagi the night they drew 2-2 back in november, i thought it was a shocking indictment of them at that stage that they needed a 37 year old man to get them on parity with a diinterested Madrid.
i thought that was badā€¦

low and behold, what happens last night,? no inzhagi, no ronaldinho ( ineffectual and all as you say they are) and they serve up crap like that.

now, i wonder who Milan are relying on for goals in the CL mate, coz it certainlly is not ibrahimovic, robinho or patoā€¦

Eamon Dunphy clearly has been reading this thread during the Roma game highlights just there.
its sad to see tho and i take a slightly tarnished pleasure in making money out of Milan and Roma been beaten, i was in awe of that Milan team in 1989 in particular as it was when i really began to follow football and all the players they had associated with that Italian team that were beaten on spotters by argentina in the 1990 WC semi in Naples and most of the locals cheering for Argentina due to the presence of Maradonna and the amount of Milan players in the italian set up.

Yes mate i do,

BTW
does anyone know the potential QF pairings?

Quarter final and semi final draw made after last 16 games mickee

Thought the story around that was Maradona wanted them to cheer for Argentina but they stuck with Italy and he was seething over it?

Draw prediction:

Manchester United v Porto
Paris Saint-Germain v Chelsea
Roma v Sevilla
Barcelona v Basel
Liverpool v Bayern Munich
Manchester City v Shakhtar Donetsk
Besiktas v Real Madrid
Tottenham v Juventus

Unreal.

Juventus v Tottenham.

1/1 so far.