Champions League - Round of 4

I called it right

‘Could’ doesnt suffice - that’s hedging your bets …

That’s some call mate, spotters badge

3 Likes

Commentator’s eye. Great shout.

It was top notch predicting.

thanks guys

Sounds like you belong…

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy - will Man City probably win the league this year?

2 Likes

I said to myself at half time as I headed off in the car that Barcelona would need to score to go through. I didn’t make a big deal about it or post the thought online. It was enough for me to know that I was right.

6 Likes

“I was struggling a little bit when I got a whack on the knee, it was dead,” he admitted. “The doctor said just keep it moving. I managed to get to half time and I had a bit of treatment, took painkillers, all that stuff which helped. There was a jab and tablets. Both. Everything. I said: ‘just give us everything.’ So I managed to get through it and the crowd helped as well and keep us going.”

I’ve suspected for quite a while that Murderpool are doping. They’ve a fairly average squad for the billions they’ve spent, but overwhelm teams by pressing them and running them into the ground. It’s ugly but effective marginal gains style stuff that reminds me of Chris Froome’s success. It’ll likely be years before this is proven though.

1 Like

Even the ball boys are playing through the pain

1 Like

Ter Stegen is good, the rest are bit part players.

I thought they were buying De Ligt?

Correct but Messi would have missed the pelo.

1 Like

But even buying De Ligt for 100+million is nuts if you consider the money they’ve already paid for Umtiti.

It’s the opposite of what their success was based on. They became successful because they brought Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Puyol & Pique through the youth system (I know they had to rebuy Pique). Now they’ve got addicted to success and will bankrupt the Spanish taxpayer to hold on to it.

Liverpool will dominate the European game for years to come. I’d be very surprised if Klopp only wins 1 European Cup with them.

He has 5 years left in those players. Like Limerick hurlers it will be a disappointing outcome if they don’t land a 5 in a row.

1 Like

Barcelona’s success was based on homegrown talent, a once in a lifetime generation.

Now the quality of player being produced there is nowhere near the same quality, so they have to buy in talent.

It’s that simple.

But yet it isn’t that simple.

The seeds of La Liga’s decline are already there.

Italian football peaked around 1989-1991. It remained strong for the rest of the 90s but there was a slow drip drip of rot and complacency setting in.

Spanish/Catalan football peaked around 2009-2011. It has remained strong since then but that same slow rot of complacency has been setting in since then.

La Liga now is where Serie A was circa 1999.

England have their act together at international level, and the Premier League is going to dominate European football for a significant period.

1 Like

I actually agree with that, if you want a penalty taker, Ronaldo is your man.

However the point being that Ronaldo wouldnt let a 3-0 defeat put him out of the CL at such an important stage and how the counting of CL medals is a measure of worth, yet only for a highly dubious penalty, Ronaldo did fuck all to rescue that game and got to the final as a result of it to add to his trophy haul. It was a very poor use of a comparison.

Both Messi and CR7 are nowhere near the all time greats. They play in a poor era of football.

1 Like

And he did fuck all in the final