Champions League Round of Qualifying

Cracking save there from Handanovic.

Udinese will be gutted they didn’t win this tonight, nevermind lose it… They were good value for a two goal win.

I see Oscar Cardozo scored for Benfica in Holland tonight. I’ve liked him as a player (don’t know him as a person) since Celtic came up against Benfica around 4 years ago. Think he’d do well in England too.

Good player alright, not really in favour with the national side which I find strange.

A very Plzent result for that Czech team in Kopenhagen tonight. Their ground has a capacity of just 7425…someone must’ve started putting some decent cash into the club. I look forward to the Jonathon Wilson article anyhow.

Gomis got a lovely goal for Lyon tonight against Rubin Kazan.

It’s an admiration I share. Nice footballer and good all-round game (with the possible exception of high-pressure penalties).

Have been watching the first half of Bayern V Zurich and it has been a flat enough performance from Munich, they are on top but struggling to carve out clear cut opportunities

Have been impressed with Gustavo for them though, plenty of energy and well able to tackle too

Dinger of a goal by the prematurely balding Arjen Robben. Lovely curled shot with his left foot from the right edge of the penalty area. On second viewing, the keeper’s foot movement and spring wasn’t great.

Was just about to post about said goal. I have often said it - when fit and well Arjen Robben is world class

Keeper has been overworked all night to be fair to him but he was poor for that in all honesty.

Odense got a late winner at home to Villarreal and take a 1-0 lead to Spain next week. An away goal over there would leave Villarreal with it all to do.

That’s hardly news now Puke.

Wisla Krakow beat Apoel Nicosia 1-0 at home tonight. Will be hard for them to defend that lead away.

I am watching Villarreal-Odense tonight. The Danes were fortunate to win 1-0 at home last week so the onus is on Rossi et al to overcome the deficit.

The Odense keeper is truly magnificent. I am just talking about his look in general. If he has a Facebook fan page I would like to sign up to it immediately.

Who is doing the co-commentary on the Villareal game lads?

He usually covers the Italian teams in the Champions League. He’s a wank.

I think it’s Garry Birtles.

Not David Fairclough no? I don’t actually no, just assumed that’s who it was for some reason.

Might be a good second half now at Villarreal. Rossi should have given them the lead there with that chance 5 minutes before halftime.