Chartered Accountants Ireland

[quote=“Scrunchie, post: 810775, member: 1408”]Do you guys not have a time limit?

Sounds all a bit like one of those Certs you buy over the interweb[/quote]

Toilet paper.

8 page supplement in tomorrow’s Irish Times to mark our 125th birthday. Can’t wait.

What are the prospects like for an eager and highly intelligent young man like myself beginning a training contract soon?

Will I walk into a well paid job in three years time?

[quote=“JBL, post: 834495, member: 1632”]What are the prospects like for an eager and highly intelligent young man like myself beginning a training contract soon?

Will I walk into a well paid job in three years time?[/quote]

Absolutely.

[quote=“JBL, post: 834495, member: 1632”]What are the prospects like for an eager and highly intelligent young man like myself beginning a training contract soon?

In a heartbeat mate.

Without a doubt.

Absolutely. Just get a good suit and a pair of black shoes.

And a decent belt. After that, it is free money. For a lifetime.

and a good scarf to complete the winter look.

Quick query lads: is there any professional restrictions on holding a share in a private limited company of which you are auditing or preparing accounts?

It’s been a while since I worked in that area but there is definitely an issue with auditing.

@briantinnion will know.

Doing the accounts would not be an issue Art. You just couldn’t audit your own accounts as an owner and express a professional opinion on them. Question is whether the company is of sufficient size to require an audit however? Let’s wait for Tinnion.

Balbec is on the money here.

If they’re auditing absolutely not. If it’s accounts prep - possibly. What are the accounts for? If it’s for a bank or something I suspect not.

[QUOTE=“briantinnion, post: 1077513, member: 6”]Balbec is on the money here.

If they’re auditing absolutely not. If it’s accounts prep - possibly. What are the accounts for? If it’s for a bank or something I suspect not.[/QUOTE]
long story short, there’s a babushka doll of companies. there was 2 events: 1. we went after one of the directors in a divorce, 2. he was restricted under S150 of the CAA. now once the divorce started his shareholding went into the names of people who work for the 2 firms who do the accounts and audits of the companies, depending on which co, one audits the other accounts and vice cersa on the next co. it’s in manufacturing industry.

the other thing is the director is an accountant, does the restriction have any knock on in a professional basis ?

For fucks sake art. That’s like getting the manager of one of the teams to referee a championship match.

The Brian Cody way…

[QUOTE=“artfoley, post: 1077560, member: 179”]long story short, there’s a babushka doll of companies. there was 2 events: 1. we went after one of the directors in a divorce, 2. he was restricted under S150 of the CAA. now once the divorce started his shareholding went into the names of people who work for the 2 firms who do the accounts and audits of the companies, depending on which co, one audits the other accounts and vice cersa on the next co. it’s in manufacturing industry.

the other thing is the director is an accountant, does the restriction have any knock on in a professional basis ?[/QUOTE]

What are you trying to achieve here though? Are you just trying to get this guy in trouble? Or is it to do with the transfer of the assets?

A bit of both really; his credibility is sketchy at best and each CRO search reveals new messing. Then theres the dodgy transfers of property which we’ll be looking to have reversed.

Central to all of the above is that the guy is pleading the poor mouth.

@ciarancareyshurlingarmy[/USER] [USER=6]@briantinnion[/USER] [USER=193]@balbec or anybody else.

If organising an event for employees, can the company claim back any of the VAT they pay for goods and services for the event?

[QUOTE=“Horsebox, post: 1078486, member: 1537”]@ciarancareyshurlingarmy[/USER] [USER=6]@briantinnion[/USER] [USER=193]@balbec or anybody else.

If organising an event for employees, can the company claim back any of the VAT they pay for goods and services for the event?[/QUOTE]

I’m not sure hookers and coke dealers charge VAT mate