Chartered Accountants Ireland

[QUOTE=“Horsebox, post: 1078486, member: 1537”]@ciarancareyshurlingarmy[/USER] [USER=6]@briantinnion[/USER] [USER=193]@balbec or anybody else.

If organising an event for employees, can the company claim back any of the VAT they pay for goods and services for the event?[/QUOTE]

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/vat/guide/vat-deductible.html#section6
Item 1

[QUOTE=“ciarancareyshurlingarmy, post: 1078498, member: 464”]http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/vat/guide/vat-deductible.html#section6
Item 1[/QUOTE]
You are a gent. Thank you. Budget is fucked so.

[QUOTE=“Horsebox, post: 1078486, member: 1537”]@ciarancareyshurlingarmy[/USER] [USER=6]@briantinnion[/USER] [USER=193]@balbec or anybody else.

If organising an event for employees, can the company claim back any of the VAT they pay for goods and services for the event?[/QUOTE]

Over here we describe them as “training events” stick a couple of slides up at the start or say something inspirational. And then recover it.

Would you get away with that here though? Food, beer, wine, venue hire, equipment hire, etc.

Doubt it. You wouldn’t know with Paddy though. I’m sure there are a few tax office employees on here who could clarify.

An induction day.
Training followed by Food & Drink. Sorted

A ridiculous picture toward the back of this month’s Accountancy Ireland of a new joiner to some accountancy firm of all different sized people in no particular order.

Good job I wasn’t there.

Post up a pic of it there farmer. I’m struggling to visualise it

Do accountants in the big companies still circulate a list of pictures of new female entrants to rate them as lookers ???

2 Likes

Don’t know mate.

Chartered Accountants Ireland are hosting a stand at the National Ploughing Championships this year.

An Institute of the people.

:clap:

Its “The Ploughing” mate.

Noted.

1 Like

Anyone done the ACCA exams? Difficult? Worthwhile?

ACCA is for simpletons.

5 Likes

Perfect, that’ll do me for the time being.

The fact you say it is for simpletons gives me hope.

There might be a couple of ACCA qualifieds on here but I doubt they’ll own up to it.

1 Like

I did the ACCA program in my own time without going to any courses. First 9 are straightforward. Final 5 bit more in them but its just a matter of putting in the time. Its a slog more so than anything complicated

ACCA program is designed to get you through it. Can sit exams 4 times a year. Can sit each exam individually. Very straightforward to meet the ongoing experience requirements.

ACA pretty much impossible to do unless you are being sponsored through it by a firm

I dont work in a technical accountancy role so couldn’t tell you which better prepares you for that. I can confirm nobody ever asked me if I was ACCA or ACA

1 Like

It’s very brave of you to admit that. Respect.

6 Likes

Yeah I’m a serious warrior.

The loyalty to the ACA brand is unbelievably strong. Its what makes it really