Cheltenham: the greatest 4 days in sport

woke up this morning absolutely buzzing and in great form…taking today and friday off and half days for wednesday and thursday…i am literally busting out of my skin for to hear the roar at 2 o clock when the supreme novices are let off…for me tis an unbelievable spectacle as you literally encounter every emotion over the four days from unbridled joy of winning to blood boiling anger when your horse fails to run on after the last…this is the seventh festival that i have taken time off school/college/work to watch this magnificent festival…not too confident this year full expect to lose my shirt but i couldnt care less…had 10 winners and won well into the 4 figures last year so i cant complain if i aint lucky this year just hope to have a winner/place every day and i will be more than happy…

hope to make the trip over next year as its one of my lifes ambitions to be in the stands during the gold cup…

[quote=“The Puke”]woke up this morning absolutely buzzing and in great form…taking today and friday off and half days for wednesday and thursday…i am literally busting out of my skin for to hear the roar at 2 o clock when the supreme novices are let off…for me tis an unbelievable spectacle as you literally encounter every emotion over the four days from unbridled joy of winning to blood boiling anger when your horse fails to run on after the last…this is the seventh festival that i have taken time off school/college/work to watch this magnificent festival…not too confident this year full expect to lose my shirt but i couldnt care less…had 10 winners and won well into the 4 figures last year so i cant complain if i aint lucky this year just hope to have a winner/place every day and i will be more than happy…

hope to make the trip over next year as its one of my lifes ambitions to be in the stands during the gold cup…[/quote]

I know exactly how you feel pukeman. I’m the other side of the world and still can’t wait. Last year was a dinger for me too, so I fully expect to lose my shirt but who cares. Certainly the best racing all year.

Was only ever there once and that was Gold Cup day in 2005. We went over for that before heading down to Cardiff for Wales-Ireland on the Saturday when Wales won the Grand Slam. We were all in bits as Paddy’s Day was the Thursday and I actually have no recollection of the day at all except the noise. For example, I’ve no idea who won the Gold Cup even!

Its a pain in the arse is what Cheltenham is.

Twas Tom Taafes Kicking King Bandage. The last 3 day festival if I remember right. Im sickened cos Im stuck in work for most of Cheltenham. Cant find anywhere online to watch it. I always bet over the phone so cant use any of the bookies online services to watch it. The best 4 days of racing all year. At times I’d like to just sit back and watch the racing but I’m a stickler for trying to make a few quid out of it too!!

Ah stop the messing Flano

I wish I was messin Mac. My head is done in with it today.

Was laughing at one of the plebs in here the other day because he has meetings this afternoon and tomorrow and can’t watch the festival. Of course said pleb made such a fucking mess of his job that I now have to go to his meeting on his behalf and so I’m missing today’s races instead.

Having you tried Racing Post online? Think there’s some video yoke there (but of course not for Mac’s-no not you Mac, the Mac Macs.

You’re laughing at him?

Sure it’s not the other way around?

He’s the guy who has got out of work.

And you’re the guy that has to cover for him.

Think you have to buy each race or something like that. Just looking into it now!

We have the oul races on in the office. Its allowed over the festival to have the racing on. That way we can check the margins instantly

Those genuine Cheltenham fans:

Do you not get pissed off with every person without a breeze of knowledge of horse racing developing an interest and maybe even pretending to be experts and at this time of year?

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]You’re laughing at him?

Sure it’s not the other way around?

He’s the guy who has got out of work.

And you’re the guy that has to cover for him.[/quote]

No Farmer read it again. I was laughing at him. Not anymore.

As I said over on the Cheltenham betting thread I think Racing UK might be your best option - think it’s 10 quid for a month.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Those genuine Cheltenham fans:

Do you not get pissed off with every person without a breeze of knowledge of horse racing developing an interest and maybe even pretending to be experts and at this time of year?[/quote]

not really as i tend not to really listen to these people…very seldom would i back a horse that i haven’t seen run before or take tips off people apart from a handful of lads i know who have fairly decent strike rates…

sure isnt it the same when the world cup is on or during the championship you always have blow hards who think they are experts…

cheltenham roars is after going off…fooking job

yes it’s great - a week’s drinking - I’ll be out more than the late Katy French!

absolute dinger of a first race…JP one-two…

Christ I hate Derek Mooney. How did RTE ever decide to let him look after the radio coverage of Cheltenham. The Irish one up after 1 race. Cant see us winning the second one.

Does JP finally have a couple of high class horses on his hands now??

Flano’s Cheltenham Thread was better.

why dont you fook off back there so…