Cheltenham: the greatest 4 days in sport

Seconded.

Because it’s been moved to the talking balls section for no reasonable reason, and no members will go there to read my intelligent witty banterous postings.

Why was my Cheltenham thread moved? I was just asking peoples opinions on why they think Cheltenham seems to generate such a big buzz with people who wouldn’t have a clue if you said the words “odds on favourite” too

Hitler moved it, he’s doing all the messin!

The internet is doin all the messin, I’ve missed the first two altogether and am just about listening to the champion hurdle. I got nothing right in the last two either.

after going hoarse watching the champion hurdle…backed katchit at 15s last week…fucking delighted…

Unless I actually went to the festival, I wouldn’t bother my arse going to the bookies. Off track betting is just shite comparing to the atmosphere of being in the pits with the bookies when your horse passes the post first. Don’t like the internet for horse racing betting at all.

would agree with you that theres nothing like being there but internet betting is brilliant, betfair especially as the odds are much better than the betting shops…

Internet gambling is the business, just not for horse racing or the dogs. I think it’s got to do with the fact that a race is only about three minutes long, and it’s a full three minute adrenaline rush as opposed to a football match that might be exiting, or might be plain boredom.

Uppppp ahhhhhhh!!!

My each-way punt on Native Jack at 40/1 seems to have salvaged my Day 1 after he came in second! That said I should have taken Appendage’s advice and steered clear of Cheltenham I reckon as I don’t have a clue to be honest.

Same as that Bandage. He’s recouped a good bit of my losses. Not often you’d be pinning your hopes on a 14 year old horse trained in Tinahealy.

Yer man will have a similar spiel up late tonight or early tomorrow morning so I’ll post it up again for everyone to have a look at. Keep the stakes small though is all I’d say!!

Yeah thats the reason. :rolleyes: Well today was a washout for me. I dont usually bet so today has kind of reinforced my beliefs that the money was better off in my back pocket.

had a decent day of it myself…with krygurova coming second(backed each way at 14s) katchit landing the big one had a few punts on him ante post…new alco also getting me a place at 10s while freneys well got another place at 25s…considering i thought that i would have fook all today…tomorrow looks slack very little stands out but after katchits performance i am 98.754673% confident that voy pos ustedes will win the queen mother and am going to get on big style…alan king and choc are some men for cheltenham…mark my words neither master minded nor twist magic will win this that i am 100% sure of…

Disaster has struck. Cheltenham is off today. The next few days in work are going to be a living nightmare now. The worst possible thing that could have happened has happened.

Yes I like it.

What’s the plan - move it to Saturday?

Heard they running the races tomorrow and Friday.

Yeah they’re running the races over Thursday and Friday. Im a bit worried about the havoc thats going to be caused over this

Cancelled because of high winds? Pile of shit. You don’t see me cancelling China today cos it’s a bit smoggy out there do ya?