Jack Ross' Mackems Thread

Mods?

Jordi Gomez has joined on a free transfer from Wigan

And Gus himself signed a 2-year contract during the week.

Great stuff, exciting times ahead.

I think we need to tie Lee Cattermole down to a long term deal and make him one of the best paid players in the league. He was instrumental in us staying up and should be going to the WC as England captain

Hope we get Colback tied down as well as he had a great finish to the season and do our best to bring in Borini, Vergini and Alonso. Ki really petered out towards the end of the season so I’m not overly concerned with his signature though I would certainly welcome him for a modest fee.

Ki did peeter out but if we don’t sign him then we someone of a similar style in midfield to dictate things. I wouldn’t be too upset if Vergini left but Alonso and Borini would be great additions if they could be signed permenantly

We also signed Billy Jones, think he’s been a decent player for West Brom when I’ve seen them - should have us sorted for right back so with Vergini also very impressive there last season.

Ki was injured for the last part of the season.

His form had dipped considerably before his injury.

Larsson signs a new three year deal. I’m a bit meh about this, I think he is rubbish although he did find some really good form in our last 5/6 games and is a versatile player, I would have much preferred that we got Colback to sign a contract extension and it’s looking increasingly likely he is off.

Jack Colback has joined Newcastle on a bosman deal. Disappointed to see him go

West Ham allegedly offered him 50k a week and he rejected it as he wanted to stay up north

Boyhood Newcastle fan so I don’t really blam him, a lot of strengthening needed now. Already lost Cuellar, Bardlsey, Gardner, Colback, Westwood and Ustari on bosmans and the loans of Alonso, Ki, Borini, Vergini and Celsutka are up so that is a good 10 players who are out the door already and I would expect guys like Ba, Roberge, Diakite, Cabral and N’Diaye to follow.

We have made a £4 million bid for Ashley Williams

You can add Scocco to that list as well.

Who is on board for next season anyway?

I’ll be captaining the ship.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 956362, member: 2533”]You can add Scocco to that list as well.

Who is on board for next season anyway?

I’ll be captaining the ship.[/QUOTE]

I will be supporting Sunderland as long Gus is the manager, Lee Cattermole is in the team and Mick McCarthy is not managing a side in the same division

We of course will always welcome honorary members @mick jones[/USER], [USER=1408]@Scrunchie[/USER], [USER=2660]@The Scouse Cafu[/USER] / [USER=183]@Sidney[/USER] and [USER=1517]@carryharry.

In at all times bar the occasional Arsenal ties. Once a black cat, always a black cat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00KfPB20V_k

Costel Pantilimon becomes our third signing of the summer - all on free transfers.