CIS Cup - Celtic v Livingston

Fuck it, it does deserve its own thread.

Celtic team:

1. Artur Boruc

2. Andreas Hinkel

3. Glenn Loovens

4. Stephen McManus

5. Lee Naylor

6. Paul Caddis

7. Paul Hartley

8. Massimo Donati

9. Aiden McGeady

10. Scott McDonald

11. Georgios Samaras

SUBS
21. Mark Brown (GK)

1. Gary Caldwell

2. Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink

3. Scott Brown

4. Shaun Maloney

Makes sense to have Loovens starting with McManus as Caldwell is about to be suspended. Happy to see Caddis starting bu would have preferred that to be at full back. Also hoped Sheridan would be on the bench as he didn’t feature for the reserves.

Sopcast link for today’s game

sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/12974

That’s quite a strong team but I would have thrown in a few more fringe players despite the reserve derby today. I think Crosas could have done with a game to build up his fitness and I would have preferred to see Caddis play at right back. Good to see Loovens get a start too. Fatty McDonald also needs a game and it’s probably best to leave Samaras in there while he’s plundering goals all over the place.

One up thanks to Loovens. Missed the goal with technical difficulties. Not much of a game, unsurprisingly.

Caddis just missed a great chance. Sammy played him in and he burst through and then got a bit unsure and tried to take it round the keeper and failed. Encouraging ability to burst forward though.

i see doumbe played for reserves today. could be a real good addition in the side if he continues the form he had when he last played for us.

he got injured?

[quote=“therock67”]Sopcast link for today’s game

sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/12974[/quote]

How do you work that yoke rock? Says that sop isn’t a registered protocol?

2-0.

Samaras.

yeah he was in excellent form last year up to then. wasn’t really that sure about him when we we had him before he signed a long term contract and put in a couple of very impressive performances domestically and in europe.

no larry he got injured today after 20 minutes.

Mac you need to download sopcast. Hardly worth your while now but you get it from sopcast.com

4-0 now. Samaras having a field day apparently.

Brown for 3-0 and Samaras (pen) for 4-0.

[quote=“therock67”]no larry he got injured today after 20 minutes.

Mac you need to download sopcast. Hardly worth your while now but you get it from sopcast.com[/quote]

did he have a particularly good 20 minutes? remember thinking he was performing well. sloppy error from me almost bandageesque.

What? You didn’t see the game today.

Brown nearly got another there at the end but good save. Over now at 4-0

[quote=“therock67”]What? You didn’t see the game today.

Brown nearly got another there at the end but good save. Over now at 4-0[/quote]

Right so the injury you are talking about was today and not the one last year. Didn’t know he got injured today. I take back my earlier correction though as it was a lack of clarity from others that let to my mistake.

That’s what I was thinking. Surely NCC could have explained himself better.

Yeah he got injured again today - hope it’s not serious because I think he’s the sort of energetic full back that we need in the team. But he’s been out a long time now.

[quote=“therock67”]That’s what I was thinking. Surely NCC could have explained himself better.

Yeah he got injured again today - hope it’s not serious because I think he’s the sort of energetic full back that we need in the team. But he’s been out a long time now.[/quote]

yes,my fault- sorry for all the confusion from my initial “he got injured” post

i only wish the likes of bandage and dancarter could be as gracious as you when they get things wrong.

larry, that’s a right little clich you and NCC have going!

Anything of note tonight Rocko?

How did Loovens, Caddis and McGeady go?

Hard to read anything into it to be honest. Missed bits of it with tech problems and sundry commuting issues but we strolled it.

Brown took his goal well and looked good enough. McGeady came inside a bit and looked decent but there wasn’t much to beat. Sammy was good.

Defenders had nowt to do.

Caddis did well enough, still reckon he’s a full back though. The encouraging thing about him back there is that he covers the whole length of the pitch by bombing up and down. Play him on the wing and half the bursts from deep are already gone.