City Breaks

Yes, on a street behind Montparnasse tower there is a creperie called Creperie de Josselin. I recommend a savoury crepe, then a sweet, washed down with their homemade cider. I reviewed it on Yelp so you can locate ot using that.

I took a trip on Le Bateau Mouche on the Seine. Good way to see a few sights but I wouldn’t rave about it really.

Heels? Is she not from Monaghan!?!

Try and go to the horse racing if it’s on - some splendid courses in Paris

Was staying right next to the course at St Cloud recently. Lovely part of town. Hotel was backing onto the course.

@Bandage could take in a Racing Metro rugby football game and see history unfold as general johnny sexton directs his team for one his gunal performances before his long awaited return to the blue of leinster.

What?

Isn’t “guna” the Irish for dress?

Are you saying Sexton plays in a dress?

[QUOTE=“Sidney, post: 1124773, member: 183”]What?

Isn’t “guna” the Irish for dress?

Are you saying Sexton plays in a dress?[/QUOTE]

Auto correct issue I’d say.
He obviously meant anal

Ron is a throughly alright sort. Cork is a better place because of him.

Tremendous food and wine in Paris, I will never forget attending the arc in 2007, when I think it was, that fat lad that owned finsceal beo had an entourage of about 50 absolute roasters with him, I was in a fine restaurant and there was a couple of them a few tables over, one of them was lambasting the waiter for serving him a medium rare steak instead of well done in a thick midland accent, Laois I would say, I think he might have been looking for chips aswell, needles to say he was dealt with in an a appropriate parisin way

[QUOTE=“Piles Hussain, post: 1117923, member: 363”]Cologne is about a three hour train trip away and a great place for a couple of days. Brussels about three away as well.
Paris on the TGV is the quickest train that runs from here to anywhere major.
Frankfurt would be the closest major city, but as mentioned already, it’s not great from what I’ve heard of it. Mainz, Leverkusen would be the two other closest Bundesliga venues if you’re on for that.
Strasbourg is between two or three hours away as well.
Trier is a nice little spot for a day trip though, not sure there’s enough in it for whole weekend. 45 minutes away, nice town. Birthplace of Karl Marx and also has the oldest Roman ruins still standing in Germany.
To be honest @Bandage, I wouldn’t be using Lux as a starting spot if you’re looking for fast trains. Heres the website, it might help you out.
http://www.cfl.lu/en[/QUOTE]

Alright, pal. I’m here in Parc Plaza on Rue Marie Therese, Luxembourg. It’s like The Stanville Lodge or The Regal Lodge in Wexford - a few miles out of town and with furniture from the 1980s. You have to leave the hotel to walk across to a separate out house type building for breakfast. Here’s a picture of the wallpaper:
[ATTACH=full]2678[/ATTACH]

[QUOTE=“Bandage, post: 1126122, member: 9”]Alright, pal. I’m here in Parc Plaza on Rue Marie Therese, Luxembourg. It’s like The Stanville Lodge or The Regal Lodge in Wexford - a few miles out of town and with furniture from the 1980s. You have to leave the hotel to walk across to a separate out house type building for breakfast. Here’s a picture of the wallpaper:
[ATTACH=full]2678[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

A bit shabby for a top businessman like yourself.

[QUOTE=“Bandage, post: 1126122, member: 9”]Alright, pal. I’m here in Parc Plaza on Rue Marie Therese, Luxembourg. It’s like The Stanville Lodge or The Regal Lodge in Wexford - a few miles out of town and with furniture from the 1980s. You have to leave the hotel to walk across to a separate out house type building for breakfast. Here’s a picture of the wallpaper:

Do they stuff a napkin in the spout of the teapot at breakfast?

I’m not on business, pals. Christ, I wouldn’t be updating this thread if I was on business.

Bad stain on the wall there.

Enjoy the Duchy @Bandage, get a few Boff into you and you’ll be grand

@Boxtyeater
i spent the weekend staying in Drumshanbo whilst taking in Dromod ( en route), Roosky, Manor hamilton and Glencar,
a trip to strandhill was also made with wife and child in tow
a most charming countryside and fine people
ill update later with finer details

FYI Sligo town or city center as it was signed is a most disappointing and underwhelming dump, the sun does it not favors

some amount of Methodist churches in Letrim BTW

[QUOTE=“mickee321, post: 1126164, member: 367”]@anon67715551
i spent the weekend staying in Drumshanbo whilst taking in Dromod ( en route), Roosky, Manor hamilton and Glencar,
a trip to strandhill was also made with wife and child in tow
a most charming countryside and fine people
ill update later with finer details[/QUOTE]

You must have missed Mohill somewhere on your travels @mickee321 . Your report from there would have made interesting reading.
Glad to note your observations on the natives, we’re alright sorts despite the carry-on of some hereabouts.

that looks like a right kip Bandage, totally beneath a man of your standing