City Breaks

It reads like a great break. Glad you enjoyed it, mate.

Smashing, we shared a pizza on Sunday afternoon and had a lovely traditional Portuguese meal both nights. I had steak Portuguese style on the Sunday night in mushroom sauce topped with two fried eggs and fillet mignon on the Monday night. Also had a savage charcoal meat platter for lunch on the Monday

3 Likes

that is unreal that is

The meat and fish platters we had were unreal. I’m raging I didn’t get you a photograph, pal. Cost top dollar but when on holidays why skimp

3 Likes

would have been an unreal contribution to the ravenous thread, you can’t put a price on nice grub

2 Likes

Just back from a nice couple of days in delightful downtown Brussels.

2 Likes

very underrated city

1 Like

Agree rating.

@mickee321 im in Portland OR for a few days, any suggestions? A beautiful 18c and sunny outside,heading to a blazers game later and the deschutes brewery.

brilliant
its sunny in feb??, it can rain there for weeks on end
take a trip up to Mt St, helens in washington, that a huge volcanic crater , awesome views on a good day
portland city is a great spot, head into Kells Irish pub on 2nd , great spot for roaster pints if needed
some really good bars around there with great live music
id say ski season is still going on, check snow levels and take a spin up to Mt. Hood, if ure not into that ista great place for a walk, good restaurant, etc
Mary’s strip club on broadway is a classic portland haunt also
oregon is one of my favorite places, if you head east from Portland along the Colombia river towards the gorge you will see some amazing scenery, head out towards Multnomah falls , thats a must see really
ist a remarkable state, you will go from green wet country to a barren desert to snow over the vourse of a few days
oregonians are utterly sound also

1 Like

Thanks for the great advice. I went straight for the kells, sat at the bar for two days horsing pints. Got gerry, the bar man to put on the dvd of the 98 football final. Twice. Ended up puking on myself on the tram home, and again on the posessions of hannah from kent who was sleeping below me in my 8 bunk dorm. Heard her on the phone to her auld fella after crying, wanting to fly home. Savage craic all round.

Or not. Headed to the coast one day, very nice, headed in the Columbia gorge the next day as far as the dalles with plenty of stops and sightseeing. Outstanding, i dont know how the area isn’t more publicised. Ate an amount of voodoo doughnuts and drank a good few craft beers. Extremely sound, intelligent locals. Very laid back and chilled out city in comparison to seattle or even vancouver. Cant wait to go back.

11 Likes

I don’t care for the city at all i must say. Dirty enough place full of Arabs.

Lads, Madrid. Talk to me. Seems to be full of museums which are of no interest. Any suggestions from anyone on what to do that don’t involve thumbs or arses?

There’s a savage park in the middle of the city, well worth the walk around, you should go there and stick your thumb up your hole

7 Likes

Great nightclubs. Would you take a few lines?

3 Likes

No real interest mate. Thanks for letting me know though.

Have you seen the hooter on him?
He’d be broke. He’d have to buy the stuff in 5kg bags

13 Likes

I was in Madrid for a few days mate and to be honest there wasn’t a whole pile to do as in touristy stuff.

It’s a beautiful city to walk around.

Don’t be looking for shit to do just chill out, eat good food, bask in the sun.

Thats the plan - just checking there was nothing we were missing. Heading to the Atletico game tomorrow but nothing else planned. The bus tour has been mentioned as a possibility but that might be a stretch.

There is a shit load of Irish bars there bizarrely.
It’s a proper Spanish city so nothing happens nightlife wise until very late

1 Like