City Breaks

Seville is awesome. You will love it. Aresboxin seems to have a deeper appreciation for the place but its just a great spot.

Perfect size city

2 Likes

Friend of mine there right now, working with Barca. Sending out videos from stadium and training ground and hotel.
Alot of tapping going on. Kinda hunger strike stuff

:astonished: I was in el pinton, Eslava and El Rinconcillo this week. I can double down on this recommendation. El pinton in particular.

I was the pig licking the bowl of eggy truffle stuff in El Pinton, if that rings a bell

1 Like

lads
im taking the wife to Ljubliana there for a weekend in november
anyone ever been?
obviously ill take her to the local football ground on the saturday evening as i sussed out Olimpija were playing … she dosent know that yet… anyway… it looks ok in photos, is it a nice spot?

1 Like

Nice spot yeah

1 Like

Typical Central European city. Nice old town. I was there a couple of years back after a drive up from Tuscany in 35 degree heat so didn’t hang around in the evening for too long. But it is nice enough.

I take it that Eslava and El Pinton are your two top restaurant recommendations and the former requires a reservation?

Anything else worth doing / seeing?

cc @fistoffury.

You’ll have to walk to the top of the of the bell tower in the Cathedral, mate … lovely views but a lot of steps… It will help work up an appetite. I’ll even share a little story of the time I was there with you … it was quite a warm Autumn day by Irish standards, perhaps 25 degrees, and I was walking back down the the steps to the ground floor - I had really only commenced the descent and had taken maybe 15/20 steps down when I heard an American lady, in a typical whiny American accent, asking ‘how long more’ to her husband … as I turned the corner I could see she was a large lady and I started counting out loud as I took each step, 'three-hundred and one, three-hundred and two, three-hundred and three … and she let out a ’ for fuck sake Richard, I’m not going any further …

:rofl:

I’m such a prankster — A mad bastard even, ROFL.

5 Likes

Very, very, very funny story but I don’t ever recall being in Seville before, least of all with you.

I do like a good climb up to the top of a cathedral or bell tower on a city break or holiday though.

7 Likes

El pinton was better imo. We reserved eslava but probably didn’t need to. If you want something authentic head to el rinconcillo for lunch.

Did a guided walking tour of the alcazaar and cathedral. Would recommend both. There is a serious amount of detail particularly in the cathedral that you could miss.

Only stayed two days before heading down the coast. So no time for anything else.

I have further restaurant recommendations from a local/colleague if you want them

1 Like

Fyi its a ramp

Lovely. Sure throw up the other recommendations if you get a chance please.

As well as what I’ve already told you, do the Cathedral - worth going up the tower alright. I’ve wonderful snaps of Seville from up there

Also, just ramble around. It’s a great place to wander around with your life partner on your arm, stopping here and there for a drink or an ice cream and popping into a jewelers or two to see if the rings are nice, y’know?

1 Like

Couldn’t you get wonderful snaps of Seville off the Internet without having to climb up a tower to get them?

1 Like

You could indeed.

But not ones taken by me

Can email

Very very very romantic earlier when I got my life partner to row me around Plaza de Espana.

3 Likes

I hope it was under 5k?

@Fagan_ODowd can you recommend a nice hotel in Paris for February. to the best of my knowledge iv never set foot in the place

Ill be bringing a bird and ill be looking to impress her for a couple of nights