Clare Gaa 🐐 Thread mark II

4-21 to 1-13 around 15 gone in the second half

4-22 to 1-16 with 7 minutes left. Challenge match pace now

David Reidy with the fifth goal again from another turnover

5-23 to 1-16

Rodgers with another Clare goal

How many are the Wexicans down? That’s a mad score.

Most their big names - only 5 starters from when the two teams met in Thurles last summer. Clare have 11

All over - Clare 6-25 Wexford 1-18

Himself and Pa Kelly of 2013 fame are the same club.

Foudy was sub keeper on the Clare panel so Pa Kelly was playing all the Club League/Challenge games. When it came to Championship Kelly usually got the nod.

Kelly got the nod due to politics in the club as much as anything. Two good keepers but it was poor form picking the lad in his mid 30s over the 21 year old county panellist

1 Like

A self-absorbed, narcissistic halfwit.

3 Likes

Touch of the David Brents about it alright.

“People often say to me, ‘Why are you doing it? You’ve done everything. You’ve won everything you need to win”

1 Like

Foudy
Hogan
Cleary
Flanagan
Ryan
Conlon
Cian Galvin
David Fitz
Malone
Duggan
Conroy
Kelly
Taylor
Aidan McCarthy
Reidy

Subs
Quilligan
Brandon O Connell
Cian Nolan
Mounsey
Ian Galvin
Aaron Fitzgerald
Seadna Morey
Crotty
Oran Cahill
Lohan
Shanagher

At this rate you would think Foudy and Hogan will be starters come championship if they maintain form. Rory Hayes and Meehan unlikely to be fit for the first round v Tipp. Slot Davy Mc in for Galvin and O’Donnell in for Conroy and that could well be the starting team for championship.

He actually said ‘I have a bitter perspective’.

2 Likes

O’Connor Cup U20 football
Halftime
Clare 0-6
Limerick 0-3

Limerick goal against the run of play

Clare 0-11
Limerick 1-4

Result
Clare 0-12
Limerick 1-4

1 Like

Lohan has never been one to experiment in the league but thought he would mix it up a bit for tomorrow given there is little to play for.

We have unearthed Foudy as an alternative for Quilligan, Hogan as a potential starter and Aidan McCarthy has picked up where he left off in his development after missing 2022. Which is ok but I expected a bit more from the league given this is year four of the management team but I suppose this and the last two campaigns show that they don’t put huge stock in it. Thought our touch looked really poor last week v Galway, even in the purple patch in the first 15 minutes.

Rory Hayes has a broken wrist and should be back for championship while Rodgers has a back injury. I’d assume neither will start v Tipp. Meehan is expected to miss the I/C which is a loss. Realistically we have the starting 15 from last years Munster final, McCarthy, Hogan and Rodgers in the mix for starting spots with the likes of Nolan and Shanagher as lads who can do a job on a given day when brute force and ignorance is needed while Morey and Conroy are options as impart hurlers off the bench.

McCarthy adds a badly needed lad who has the athleticism and power needed and is a big boost but outside of him we are really lacking lads who can hold up physicality. Any injuries or loss of form to our main men from 5 to 9 and we are goosed.

Three sons of the 95/97 team starting - while Gunning and the injured Hegarty would be nephews of men from the 95/97 team

Will any of the minor or U20 matches be streamed?

Think tg4 have the rights to the 20s and typically have them live on YouTube

2 Likes

Minor is €10 a pop, being streamed by Munster GAA.

20s all on TG4 Youtube.

Which is good, because I’ll struggle to get to Waterford midweek. Certainly not two nights back to back.

2 Likes