King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

Galway begged? I thought Leinster and the GAA would have begged if anyone did.

Easily. We haven’t a hope sure. There are so many marquee names missing, it’ll be a minor team lining out.
The league and the AI are Galways to lose lads. If they don’t sweep all in front of them aside this year, I’ll be amazed.

You really are showing yourself to be a fool on this thread; Going on about Galway playing Ulster teams in semi finals, when in fact we weren’t allowed to do so, and now saying we begged to play in Leinster, when in fact it was the Gaa begging Galway to go in there and make it somewhat competitive.

Best of luck to our Leinster neighbours, Galway, this season. I can’t stand this infighting. But Wexford have demolished both Offaly and Kilkenny already in competitive action this season. Some people don’t seem to have acknowledged our triumphant march to the Walsh Cup Final.

That post doesn’t make any sense whatsoever. Rattled. Clubs regularly regrade in Galway if their not competitive, does them wonders and they’re usually back to their original grade in a year or two a hell of a lot stronger. But it’s not a surprise that doesn’t happen in Wexford, where the whole county tries to convince themselves they’re still capable for top level competition when they’re not. So yere on the way back. At what level? When do you predict the next Leinster title? And begged. Galway asked. Lads from hurling counties like Kilkenny and Offaly relished the new challenge. Wexford were horrified. Someone else to whip them as they fell below Kilkenny Galway Offaly and dublin. And with the slightest investment Laois Westmeath or Carlow could well beat ye.

[quote=“count of monte cristo, post: 740214, member: 348”]Well over ten years ago? Leinster title in 2004 disputes that.

Somtime in the mid seveties? all final appearance in 1977 would dispute same.[/quote]
Fair enough, I left out the exception that was 2004. I’d consider 1977 to come under the realm of the mid 70’s, mid to late 70’s if you want to be absolutely specific about it.

N.B. I want it to be known that I have absolutely no beef with Wexicans and their fine County, I count many of them among my friends. This Croppy Boy fella was asking for it, however.

Worst team to win one? couldnt give a fuck, still won it.

Butchering limericks free taker? didnt matter we only gave away one free in the second half whilst playing with 14 men.

I never alluded to having anything to crow about in underage or club, i really don’t know where your getting this from

Couldnt give a fuck if other lads row in behind me, the only one is croppy_boy and its quite obvious he is making a show of himself.

In closing we have won one, and one only, all ireland in the last 20 years. ye have not,.

[quote=“Jimmy Mc Nulty, post: 740251, member: 1168”]Fair enough, I left out the exception that was 2004. I’d consider 1977 to come under the realm of the mid 70’s, mid to late 70’s if you want to be absolutely specific about it.

N.B. I want it to be known that I have absolutely no beef with Wexicans and their fine County, I count many of them among my friends. This Croppy Boy fella was asking for it, however.[/quote]

we were runner up to then kilkenny powered eddie keher team in 78 and 79 and 81…so i think your statement is a little misplace jimmy.

Like we were a runner up to the strongest team of all time last year. Still drew with them. Also runner up to an extremely strong cork team in 05. So no shame there either. How we lost to that shower of cunts in 01 ill never figure out. I’ve nothing against Wexford. Just defending my own. I used to love watching rod Guiney put Kilkenny lads running but what’s been done to get those days back. What underage structures are in place?

Galway will be hard bet…

Galway will win the all Ireland this year.

Ah now, so it doesn’t matter if ye break the hand of the best forward on the other team as long as ye don’t give away any frees? Which by way was very dubious refereeing by any standards.

But anyway, ye won it and fair play to ye.

any evidence to suggest this?

I think its great to see galway after all their undergae and club success in the last 10 years finally nearly win an All Ireland

[quote=“count of monte cristo, post: 740266, member: 348”]any evidence to suggest this?

I think its great to see galway after all their undergae and club success in the last 10 years finally nearly win an All Ireland[/quote]

And here you are alluding to the underage and club titles you were so pompous about not referencing just a few posts ago. Evidence is it?

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/hurling/2008/0923/238574-galway/

Christ this thread is like something you would read over on AFR before its demise

True perhaps. The original sentiment of the post however was to point out that the Leinster champs only had to win three games of note to win an All Ireland in that era, and as Maroonandwhite correctly stated, you could make that two games if the All Ireland semi was against Ulster opposition - My hasty judgement of Wexford in that era hasn’t altered this.

Wonderful, isn’t it. I predict it will soon catch up with the Limerick GAA thread.

I predict a Leinster title in the next five years.

Asked on numerous occasions = begging.

[quote=“count of monte cristo, post: 740266, member: 348”]any evidence to suggest this?

I think its great to see galway after all their underage and club success in the last 10 years finally nearly win an All Ireland

[/quote][quote=“maroonandwhite, post: 740268, member: 1406”]And here you are alluding to the underage and club titles you were so pompous about not referencing just a few posts ago. Evidence is it?

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/hurling/2008/0923/238574-galway/[/quote]

bold and underlined above is sarcasm. “nearly” I was also being patronising.

and i wanted evidence to suggest we were horrified about galway, coming to leinster., all you show is that wexford were horrified with the addenda to the motions.

[SIZE=14px][FONT=Arial]“Former Central Council delegate, Tony Dempsey*, questioned the suggestion that should Galway refuse to participate in the Leinster Championship they would be omitted from the Liam McCarthy Cup. ‘I’m amazed with that. What’s that going to do for hurling?’ he asked.”[/FONT][/SIZE]

Pat Doyle then stated:
"[SIZE=14px][FONT=Arial]'I’m not pushing the boat out for Leinster Council. I express my bitter disappointment with [Duffy].[/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=14px]‘On the night of the Leinster Council meeting it was agreed that should Galway’s participation be passed at Congress, that after three years should it not be working, the Leinster Council would pull the plug themselves. That’s not included in the motion. I’m unhappy with that.’[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=14px][SIZE=14px]Wexford overwhelmingly opposed the motion (not the idea) to come before Special Congress."[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=14px]Ironic that Wexford were sop concerned with what not having Galway playing the Laim McCarthy would od for hurling, we should get our own house in order first.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=14px] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=14px][SIZE=14px]maroonandwhite i believe you have met Mr. Dempsey, a gent and a hurling man.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=14px] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=14px][SIZE=14px]There are underage structures in pace such the ASH, advanced school of hurling which takes kids fomr the age 8 and up…i can send you a pm on further issues if you so wish.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]