King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

Which one?

Cathal.

Daithi Regan mugged the Galway lads off rightly on OTB this evening.

Go on ,

2 Likes

no wonder the leinster counties are petrified of our underage teams, let two of them in to an open competition and they clean house

Didn’t your county board refuse invitations into underage Leinster for the guts of a decade?

nope

5 Likes

This article is misleading. Galway used their top u17 and 16 players for this competition. Most other tier 1 counties didn’t as they had the special u17 competition to play in. Galway play Cork in the Semi final of this special competition in a few weeks and this will be a far better indicator of where they are at this age group

The Munster counties had 4 divisional teams in it, god only knows why Galway/Kilkenny/Dublin were allowed to basically put out their underage development squads.

Dublin and Kilkenny didn’t use any of their county u17 players and only a few u16s who were not doing Junior cert.

In fairness to croke park the main beneficiaries of the Celtic Challenge are Tier 2 and 3 counties and rightfully so. Lots of competitive games, good profile and decent standard

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/cyril-farrell-only-thing-that-can-stop-tribe-from-reaching-the-summit-is-themselves-35887556.html

Having oversaw quite a few Galway teams who shot themselves in the foot he should really tone it down.

1 Like

The man is a flute. Pay no heed.

Sure he cant help it.

Some fellas have a difficult job in applying context to a situation.

I was delighted to see my neighbour and all round good guy John Hanbury had a great game. He was genuinely upset about the injury to Paul Killeen after the Dublin game, despite looking like being the main beneficiary. Anyhow, my little one insisted on sending him a text, which she duly did as she watched him going up the steps to get the medal after the game.
He replied within an hour, thanking her, and pleased that she had enjoyed the game.
I hope to sample a good few more of his mother’s home made cakes next time we are home.

15 Likes

Who bastardised the thread title? It was a nice piece of connemara irish

He was very good to be fair, I originally thought Tuohy was number 4 because it was such a good performance. Never seen him play that well tbh, I would have seen him as the weak link in their defence (as well as McInerney’s lack of pace).

1 Like

Galway have the ‘sweeper’ system fairly figured out at this stage. Our next big test will be when we have to go man to man and then our defense will be really tested for pace.

Tipp 2016 semi final second half is a good example of this. A misjudgment by Hanbury at left wing back, his man slips by and an overlap develops that we never recover from.

Delighted to give that the all important tenth like cc @carryharry

1 Like

Was that the one where Canning and Tuohy went off injured? Tipp rely heavily on the opposition’s important players being injured when winning an All-Ireland. Shefflin, Fennelly, Canning.

2 Likes