King Henry of Galway (Part 1) šŸ‘‘

Yeah. We had to revert to putting Johnny Coen back in the corner (which I hope MOD will never do again)ā€¦ Coens influence around the middle was missing in the second half.

Coen has been poor for club and county this year. He was ok on Sunday but needs to improve.

1 Like

Heā€™s not a corner back anyway. Heā€™ll find his mojo yet.

I hope Flynn rips Craughwell apart on Saturday evening, he needs it.

Itā€™s a shame his confidence is shot, he has a bit of pace which we lack.

Its hard to see him starting again in 2017. Niall Burke despite doing some stupid things improved as the game with on and seems to have the gas for 70 minutes now.

Donoghue doesnā€™t seem to fancy him alright, Burke was as bad as him when he made the substitution. Forwardsā€™ fitness has improved big time this year, from 2012 to last year the forwards were generally goosed after about 45-50 minutes. Polish fitness coach looks to have addressed this.

1 Like

They win them nonetheless, which is a little better than abject failure.

2 Likes

Something is different alright, even Joe Cooney looks more mobile as the game went on. Though I would suspect that Davey has Wexford ran into the ground since last November and this told when the heat was turned up on Sunday. Chin looked tired even.

1 Like

Absolutely, but would having an asterisk beside these wins diminish the achievement, especially for the so-called home of hurling?

Iā€™ve had a look a the GAA website bud, no asterisk beside 2010 or 2016 All Irelands, similarily none after the 2 game champions of 1987 and 88.

Listen Mike,
Iā€™d say both Limerick and Galway people wouldnā€™t give a fuck if Kilkenny, Tipp, Wexford, Clare, Cork and Waterford all got a dose of a plague and we ended up meeting a cobbled together London in the final just to have one.
Ypu could put an asteroid beside it if you wanted to and weā€™d still claim it

1 Like

Chin got the handle of a hurl in the face in the first half and I think that had an impact on his performance.

Itā€™s also a factor that sometimes when the game is going away from you look tired and laboured. I donā€™t think fitness or freshness is a problem. Iā€™m still seething about the frees and penalty. Not that we missed them but that the wrong person was taking them.

I would have to land that responsibility at Davys door tbh. The writing was on the wall after the two he missed against Kilkenny. I donā€™t know what kind of penalty takers ye have but at least from a free taking perspective, ye have multiple options.

It is GUBU. Guiney has an unbelievable shot on him. Fanning is the appointed penalty taker.

Inexplicable. Iā€™m seething.

True but neither of us are the home of hurling. Iā€™m just asking are they treated any different in Tipp than the ones without the asterisk.

Fuck off you clown. Wexford were absolute thugs on Sunday. That scumbag Devereux should have got the line a few times. He stuck the handle of his broken hurl into Burkeā€™s face at one stage.

Did you not read what I said? Did I say it was dirty? Galway lad just led with his hurl. Happens all the time just that Chinner had his face in the way.

Devereux couldā€™ve been sent off for his daft act.

Now go and fuck yourself kindly.

2 Likes

He slipped in fairness.

It was, but Galway played just as well in the second half. I donā€™t think the injuries made them any worse on the day, which was the most encouraging thing.

Are you coming back for the semi?