King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

That remains to be addressed.
I’d say yes.
:+1:
Barring evil witch forcing alternative plans.
I’d rather go to the semi than the final tbh (if Galway get to the final, which is a fickle thing)

1 Like

He slipped after he misjudged it me thinks.

Anyway the main point I was making was that our pace was found wanting in that goal. No defender rushed to the scene in time to intercept that attack.

In fairness to Michael Ryan he was smart enough to move Callanan out to the corner and force Daithi Burke out of the square. If Burke was in place I reckon that goal could have been avoided.

You’re right enough I’d say. Still, the backs were great last Sunday, bar the goal, which was in part due to the wexford forward cutting back in an unexpected direction, and both backs trying to blast him out of it rather than push him away from goal, trying to win the collision and the ball rather than accept damage limitation and a point. Which is good to see tbh.

1 Like

Yerra, galway were warming down at that stage.

Oooft.

I don’t know skip…I think he’s really over rated and very greedy…I’d say he’s a disaster to play with at club level

Well a few of his attempts on Sunday would suggest that alright. That said, your sniper should be a bit of a greedy cunt.

3 Likes

He’s far from a sniper tho. .He annoys the fuck out of me because the hurling is in him but he makes ridiculous calls on the ball.i would be shocked if his conversion rate was over 28%

1 Like

Well, unless he does something dramatic in training in the next few weeks he has lost the jersey. Mannion, Maloney and Monaghan all fighting for it.

Cathal Mannion surely walks back in if fit?

1 Like

Yeah, more than likely.

The other two lads have done nothing wrong. I think it was shabby enough, hauling a young lad ashore before half time, but it was a big stakes game. I think the gaffer panicked a bit when wexford weren’t for being trampled on from the off.
Much and all as that article was awful, there was truth in it. Galway weren’t great in the first half, and it seemed harsh to single out Jason flynn so publicly.

Complete nonsense. Flynn got hauled as a warning to everyone else and they responded by scoring the last 3 points of the 1st half giving them the little separation they needed to really twist the knife into Wexford which obviously they did in the 2nd half. Top class coaching imo.

Flynn, if he is feeling a little sorry for himself, need look no further than Conor Cooney for inspiration who was a subbed sub in the 2012 replay. Many said at the time it would ruin him, I’m not convinced it did.

7 Likes

He lasted 8 minutes as a sub.

Cooney was asked about that on Off the Ball last night. I’d say a lot of them wouldn’t be fond of Cunningham. He didn’t even give Cooney time to warm up before hauling him off again.

Fuck that shit. You don’t wait until the 60th minute of a match to spare his feelings.

1 Like

You obviously haven’t watched too much of Galway this year

Why do you say that?

No, but you could wait ten mins til half time. He was no worse than many others up to that point.

That’s simply whataboutery. Are you saying the treatment of Conor cooney was correct?