King Henry of Galway (Part 1) šŸ‘‘

Great summary with beautiful west of ireland hiberno-english.

Kildare is a fucked up place. North east kildare is just an extension of dublin, south kildare is inbred junkies, north west kildare thick roasters. Towns like naas and newbridge are kips, the place is destroyed by having so many army men around, who are generally wasters and breed them. Maynooth would be the only brightish spot.

3 Likes

Them suits above Croke Park would want to have this laid down as a minimum requirement for championship venues in future, and donā€™t mind the rest of their health & safety bullshit.

4 Likes

Yeah, was saying that to someone afterwards alright about the Army, given the the questionable character and general cuntishness youā€™d associate with those lads. The wannabe Dubs are a special class of simpleton altogether. Plenty roasterish farmers in it too. I was looking out for that Sean Brady cunt from 'A year ā€˜till Sundayā€¦ā€œWhat do ya think, Sean?ā€
"Oh tis in the bag, Itā€™s only just a matter of turninā€™ up".

2 Likes

You can imagine Conlethā€™s when you have a proper yokel rural club like St Laurences with the vintage Kildare drawl against Confey or Celbridge, the contrast of accents is great craic.

Fair play to ye today, deserved the win really. Donnellan kept us in it with some good saves, we had our own good patches but not as fluid in attack as Galway.

6 Likes

I used to work with a larries man one time, proper yokels. Only on the wind up there pal, ive great time for co kildare have got to know some very sound people from there. Had a few nights out in clane and newbridge, always told to avoid lads from robertstown and the curragh and it served me well.

On the game, the run of matches killed ye, ye couldnā€™t move the last twenty, heat didnā€™t help, but ye picked apart our defence far better than kerry did, old shooting failings came back to haunt a bit. Still huge progress, great pride and fight, if dublin ever dip ye have the underage work and platform now to do something.

1 Like

You forgot to inform the forum about you figuring prominently in the footage from the pitch after the match @Jimmy_Mc_Nulty.:wink:

2 Likes

Fuck off Joe brolly

Go onā€¦

:clap:

1 Like

Whatā€™s he saying now ?

That it was a swipe over the head no contact. Shouldnā€™t have been a redā€¦o we wasnā€™t having any of it

1 Like

The double is very much on.

1 Like

Always thought you were from Mayo for some reason.

Haha, ya bollocks! :joy:

Mayo shtock

Iā€™m right so.

What a year so far for Galway. I must hold my hands up and admit I was calling for Kevin Walshā€™s head after the last two years meek exits to tipperary and kerry. Gaining promotion to division 1 was massive and staying there was number one priority in my book this year. Despite being tipped for relegation we went unbeaten to the league final and put up a pretty solid display against the dubs.

Our form and confidence has carried on into the championship and now weā€™re in an all Ireland semi final with a game to spare. Heady times indeed. If we can beat monaghan we have a great chance of making an all Ireland final.

Todayā€™s game was hard fought. I donā€™t know why Iā€™d always fancy us against kildare. I always feel that we have more natural footballers than them and that will see us through. We made heavy work of it in the end and Iā€™m not a fan of playing keep ball but we did show great composure to create the last two points. All players from 5 to fifteen scored from play which is hugely encouraging. If the dubs did that brolly would blow his load live on air.

Lavelle was mostly good. A few kickouts went astray but youā€™d have to credit kildare for the pressure they put on it. Heā€™s a good shot stopper and is the best keeper weā€™ve had since Alan Keane.

Kyne was solid. Not as good as last week but heā€™s a tough bit of stuff and the move to the corner has really benefited him.

Sean Andy was very good I thought even when he had his hands full with flynn and feely at times. Heā€™s team tough and can play ball too. Heā€™s brought great solidity to the fullback line.

Kerin must be a nightmare to play against. Not the biggest but terrier like and is constantly niggling his man and I love his style.

The much maligned cathal Sweeney (By myself included) had another great game and burst forward at every opportunity. He chipped in with a fine point and ran himself to a standstill.

Bradshaw was solid again and scored a beauty in the second half. He seems to be taking better options on the ball this year.

Johnny Heaney had one of his quieter games but still chipped in with a great score and covers acres of ground. I would expect him to improve from here on in.

Tom flynn was magnificent and followed up last weeks display with an even better one today. He really took up the mantle since Conroys injury last week.

Cooke took on a few wrong shot options today but I really think he has great potential and that he will be a big player for Galway in the next few years.

Eamon brannigan is a pure speed merchant and carries ball well but should lay it off instead of shooting. Heā€™s not a natural finisher.

Shane Walsh was man marked today but still played well. He is still playing too deep for my liking. I thought Galways system was stifling his talents but heā€™s adapted really well this year and he is absolutely crucial to our aspirations.

Sean Kelly got through another mountain of work today and has cemented his place on the team now. I really like his style and he rarely takes a wrong option.

Ian Burke is what Cyril might describe as ā€œpoetry in motionā€ and I would watch him play football all day long. He makes it look so easy and always takes the right option. He sees passes only the very best players see and looks like he has all the time in the world to decide what to do.

The baysht was good in patches but takes on the responsibility a bit too much himself sometimes when a lay off might be the better option. He butchered that goal chance when he had options left and right. I feel he will explode yet in this championship and the captaincy has suited him well.

Michael Daly started very well but unfortunately injury struck again. Heā€™s a real quality player and hopefully heā€™s back in action quickly.

We have options off the bench too. Hopefully Ciaran Duggan is back the next day. Gary o Donnell did well when he came on and Adrian Varley always adds something when he comes on. Sean Armstrong also played a vital part.

Kildare died with their boots on as John McIntyre would say and have really turned their season around after their embarrassing defeat to carlow. They did exceptionally well to stay in the game with fourteen men on a baking hot day in a game played at such a pace.

Weā€™re a long way from the finished article yet but weā€™re undoubtedly going the right way and are as well placed as anyone behind the dubs. Onwards now to monaghan and hopefully a win in the stadium.

Heady times indeed after so many years of frustration. Gaillimh Abu

15 Likes

Excellent post, thanks.

3 Likes

TĆ” sĆŖ sin thar bĆ”rr @blackjack posta Ć­ontach. ā€œEngrossingā€ mĆ”r a dĆ©ir siad. :clap:

2 Likes

Updated

1 Like