King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

Never even managed any team before?

Lovely piece about prepping for the 2004 County final and training in the ‘dead of the night’ under car lights.

1 Like

Arrogant and doomed to failure was the expert opinion on that.

His sole qualification seems to be acting as waterboy for some shinty football match.

Should have just wired it directly to the dubs

2 Likes

How’d they manage to owe money on ticket sales? Where’d it go in the meantime I wonder?

maybe it was cash sales and they put it in the boot of someones car and the car was nicked…

nah, that’d never happen :

All the Limerick hurlers plus hangers on were entitled to buy 30 odd tickets each this year on top of their free ones. They were sorting it all in one go to avoid messing around with them so they all landed in with cash one night to settle up.
They reckoned your man walked out the door with well over €100k in cash that night. Be the handiest €100k a clever thief would ever make.

1 Like

do you remember when 9 steps carey’s beemer was nicked with the ticket money in the boot?

1 Like

Was the arrival of a certain administrator and these financial irregularities a coincidence? Surely they’re not that brazen?

Has it ever been explained why the Galway county secretary resigned?

No the irregularities were there long before him i think. Just a mess of a system, plus some blackguarding. If i was pat McDonagh who keeps them on life support id be fairly raging. Either way theres just no way we can keep up with the financial superpowers like limerick.

Resting in an account? Im wont be idle gossiping, just here to stir the pot

what about the land purchase fuckup and making around a fiver off the ed sheeran gigs?

That would be the mess of a system, idiocy as much as malfeasance

and maladroitness

I thought they cleaned their act up about ten years ago. Chap from Mullagh seemed to be doing good work. Bank Of Turlough was some operation.

2 Likes

Apparently not

He’d never have let Mountain South happen in fairness to the man.

Bank of turlough. :clap: