King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

I know he’s a good friend of the @flattythehurdler family but the backs looked more solid without Hanbury. Daithi Burke is a great bit of stuff. Takes on all comers and usually wins. Tuohy looks good, I like the cut of Killeen, he always looks like he’s lining up to nail someone but might be found out in the open spaces of Croke Park. Still think we’re missing a couple of reliable forwards. Don’t think we can play with both Cooneys up front. Joe Cooney didn’t seem to be too involved yesterday but obviously did his job of keeping the Tipp half back line under pressure. Full forward line should stay as is with Mannion to take the finger out, start using his talent and cut out the faffing. That means two from both Cooney’s, Glynn and Niall Burke for the wing forward spots. Tipp were woeful but at least it boosts the confidence of our lads.

1 Like

What’s this ‘we’ business my cunt, are you a Galway man all of a sudden?

Apart from rugby, I’ll jump on any bandwagon.

2 Likes

What is the story with Glynn?

He’s not so good that he’d make the team doing one training session every now and again, and doing the rest of his hurling at who knows what kind of standard in New York. He’s a great ballwinner to be fair, but Galway seem to have loads of big fuckers who will work hard.

If he was fully available, he’d probably start but it’s not as if he’s Joe or someone of that level.

I dunno the situation but I’d imagine there is some arrangement in place that he returns to Ireland for 3 months or so to fully focus on Galway and hurling, maybe dipping over and back to keep his visa and job eligible.
The Galway players singing dumb as to that they dunno how it’s going to work etc is BS, they are just keeping it to themselves and in camp as you’d expect.

There’s no good S&C coaches in Ireland

3 Likes

Sounds like the Johnny Glynn experiment is toast

1 Like

Staying Stateside?

Sounds like it but only speculation for now. Could be fucking bullshit

No harm, only a distraction.

1 Like

I’m fairly confident we will beat de duds

3 Likes

The Duds coach has lost the dressing room by all accounts

Have we a place to stay in September?

Bring mosquito repellant.

3 Likes

I’m terrified of pigeons

1 Like

The Limerick lads have all the good spots booked out

2 Likes

Is there a Munster match on the same weekend?

1 Like

The Cranberrys are playing in Whelans

5 Likes

Who’ll curse live on tv when ye win the All Ireland in September .