King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

Not as much underfoot unfortunately, but a couple of days of that breeze and a bit of sun will do wonders.

Give me a field of anxious limousins anyday.

Not as bad once you have a crowd. Soul destroying if its only one or two lads.

https://youtu.be/2EGrjkpVBfk

1 Like

Team bonding mate ye’ll be grand.

Some fellas just don’t have the knack KP.

The auld fella has more systems for getting the herd into the yard than Davy had for Clare. He’d be checking the wind direction, providing the Pike Jnrs with carefully planned buckets of nuts, tying the dog to a tree somewhere out of sight and out of earshot for fear anything would get “spooked”… He’d nearly have them in, on the cusp of the gate and then one of the cunts would get a sniff of a gap and the auld fella would lose it completely throwing hurleys and buckets and “bastards!” and “fuck-its!” about with wild abandon…all with a predictably excitable response from the bullocks, who would tear off on mad rings around the field as the auld fella lepped and chased after them. He hasn’t the temperament for it at all at all.

Eventually, on the brink of us all falling out, I’d take over and after much coaxing and cajoling, sssssshing and sooooking, we’d usually get the lot calmly into the yard. It’s a gift from God.

10 Likes

Surely we have some dedicated bogger thread for all this crap?

1 Like

True

The Limousin cattle thread?

The TB test thread ? It’s a major day,and rite of passage in any rural dwellers life.

1 Like

I don’t believe there is a dedicated Limousin cattle thread on TFK (though of course there should be). My recollection is that it was on another site and led to much controversy, largely initiated by @SHANNONSIDER

Prognosis on Mannion not good I hear.

How long we looking at you think? At least we have options, Niall Burke has been chomping at the bit, Maloney sounded promising yesterday, Cooney, Glynn, maybe even young Monaghan. Flynn is not on his game but will probably get another shot at it

Why do none of you go to Galway games, lads?

Its a protest against not being allowed home games.

All their games will be televised from here on in so the passionate Galway followers will at least be able to discuss the action.

I doubt if they’ll even have the need to travel for this one

Rumour mill says he’s gone for the year so in reality he’ll prob be back for Leinster final.

1 Like

This isn’t kk.

1 Like

Mannion out for 5 to 6 weeks which rules him out of the Leinster final and quarter final.