Climate Change

A brilliant piece by Booker prize winning authot Richard Flanagan on the climate change induced destruction of Tasmania and the government’s fault in it.

You could have bought a ticket to Ireland while you were composing that. Joking aside, will Oz survive? Possibly not for humans I’d say, or at least not humans as we know them.

Our head of sales rudely interrupted me mid.post, is nothing sacred?
Aus will survive and possibly thrive as a leading renewables nation
It could now if we had the political will, or if some politicians (Abbott, Morrisson, Taylor, god there’s so many) died. In a fire hopefully, caused by climate change.
But the effects are here now, rapidly increasing temps, more and more days above 30, 35, 40 degrees. A bushfire season that is essentially the entire year long. Damage has alreadybeen done

Incidentally, yesterday was the 10th anniversary of the Black Saturday fires in Vic when 173 people were burned to death during a prolonged period of +40 degree temps.

It may be a losing battle for Oz. The best we can hope for is mitigation, but the trend will continue and fuck knows where the tipping point is. I would have a plan B if I were you (not kidding).

He monetised it.

Poor bears.

I’d say it’s a miserable fucking place to live anyway. They might as well leave it to the bears.