What Climate Crisis?

[quote=“balbec, post: 899692, member: 193”]This is the kind of leftie codology that is being taught to kids in the UK. The science on climate change is not proven. Temperatures have not increased in the past 16 years.This whole climate change thing is an attack on free enterprise by marxists. They could not defeat capitalism with communism so now they are inflicting all these rules and regulations on free enterprise. For example, these makey uppy carbon credits where you can buy credits if you don’t get your emissions down. A bit like paying the Catholic church for indulgences. As a result you have massive subsidies being paid to landowners who put up wind turbines. Not generating a lot of electricity but Joe the consumer pays for it in his electricity bill. The same crowd are anti fracking.

Nuclear is the only way to go.[/quote]
Dead right. And fuck the whales too.

[quote=“balbec, post: 899692, member: 193”]

So its OK for Iran then?

What do you mean here?

I mean the right wing, creationist, knuckle dragging, science illiterate, climate change deniers are all over the place here. Nuclear is the way to go, but only if we like you. The amount of bollocks being written here is gas.

Nicely dodged.

Edit.

I misread your post fitzy. I agree with you regards your opinion about nuclear being the only way to go, but only if we like you but as for the global warming codology I think it’s scaremongering gone ott.

Iran are sending a few ships over to sort out the yanks

What do you mean here?

I’ve edited my previous post.

[quote=“Peter G, post: 901063, member: 1758”]Nicely dodged.

Edit.

I misread your post fitzy. I agree with you regards your opinion about nuclear being the only way to go, but only if we like you but as for the global warming codology I think it’s scaremongering gone ott.[/quote]
Scaremongering? The only scaremongering is from the climate change denier fuckwits like Nigel Lawson. If you lot want to sit on his side, then good luck to you. The majority of us will continue to look at the decades worth of voluminous scientific research that points to human induced climate change fucking up our and our kids lives. Come to Australia pal, see it in action here. Welno actually, look at how climate is impacting on your life in Ireland. Soggy much?

[quote=“balbec, post: 899692, member: 193”]This is the kind of leftie codology that is being taught to kids in the UK. The science on climate change is not proven. Temperatures have not increased in the past 16 years.This whole climate change thing is an attack on free enterprise by marxists. They could not defeat capitalism with communism so now they are inflicting all these rules and regulations on free enterprise. For example, these makey uppy carbon credits where you can buy credits if you don’t get your emissions down. A bit like paying the Catholic church for indulgences. As a result you have massive subsidies being paid to landowners who put up wind turbines. Not generating a lot of electricity but Joe the consumer pays for it in his electricity bill. The same crowd are anti fracking.

Whilst I believe in, and fear climate change, this is bang on.

I have still yet to be fully convinced about climate change fitzy. Maybe you’re right, time will tell.

Its a bang on piss take flatty, @balbec is a great right wing comedian. The whole communist conspiracy thing is particuarly funny.

Though I agree with him about carbon credits. Renewables are the only way to go. For months last year, South Australia ran its baseload power off renewable energy and only had to start using coal fired when a massive heatwave (wonder where that came from) hit to power everyone’s air conditioning. Of course, in a country like Australia, you would think that the obvious thing to do to power air con during a heatwave would be solar.

Whats be convinced? Time will tell? Its here mate, now.

1 Like

I wonder was global warming such a big deal at the end of the ice age?

[quote=“Fitzy, post: 901107, member: 236”]Its a bang on piss take flatty, @balbec is a great right wing comedian. The whole communist conspiracy thing is particuarly funny.

Though I agree with him about carbon credits. Renewables are the only way to go. For months last year, South Australia ran its baseload power off renewable energy and only had to start using coal fired when a massive heatwave (wonder where that came from) hit to power everyone’s air conditioning. Of course, in a country like Australia, you would think that the obvious thing to do to power air con during a heatwave would be solar.[/quote]
Agreed, but solar is of less reliable use in the Northern European countries. Nuclear fission is the only realistic option until they can solve the fusion problem. In aus, it’s a no brainer. I read somewhere that if half of ghana’s desert was covered in solar panels, it would be enough to meet the energy need of the entire world ( though storage is still the major problem).

Storage is obviously a problem, but serious work is being sone on this. If we spent half as much on researching loony tunes shite like carbon capture or fracking, we would have solved this by now.

I remember hearing a presentation where it was stated that it takes more energy to fabricate a solar panel than that panel will actually gather in it’s lifetime.

That used to be the case, not anymore.

The Australian tax payer (ie, me) subsidises every job in the coal mining industry to the tune of $100k. FFS.

[quote=“Fitzy, post: 901140, member: 236”]That used to be the case, not anymore.

The Australian tax payer (ie, me) subsidises every job in the coal mining industry to the tune of $100k. FFS.[/quote]
I see. I wonder by how much do they generate energy beyond what it costs to create them.