What Climate Crisis?

Probably a lot more than nuclear power does. Think about the inputs into nuclear.

Agreed. It is said that if the resources poured into the manhattan project had been instead concentrated on nuclear fusion, this problem would have been solved as well. I’m not sure whether this is true or not, but priorities are bought and sold by big industry.

I doubt it. A nuclear power station provides vast amounts of energy for about 50 years.

Until a tsunami hits it.

A tsunami of rape

I think fusion is a mad dream TBH, I remember studying it during the leaving cert (we had a spectacuarly brilliant physics teacher) when the whole Pons and Fleischmann thing happened around 1989. It would be great of course, but it ain’t going to happen.

Apparently they can achieve it already, just not contain it as yet.

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/climate-change/stronger-pacific-trade-winds-linked-to-stable-air-temperatures-20140209-32a96.html

So people worried about fracking are looney tunes? You just lost all credence on this subject from now on.

Plus what the tax payers paid for people to get subsidized solars put up. There was electricians and carpenters and all sorts have up their jobs to go out up solar panels in wa over the past 2-3 years. Outrageous money in it. Guys making 2-3k a week in busy times.

Eh, do you want to have a read of that again there Kev? I’m saying that carbon capture and fracking are loonie tune solutions. Coal seam gas is a disgusting invention of a panicked fossil fuel industry and we are going to pay a very heavy price for how corrupt politicians have allowed this shit to eventuate with a fucked up water supply in the future.

Ah ok, apologies, I agree with that. Fracking is arguably a bigger issue than climate change IMO. In the sense that, in my belief, we can do a hell a lot more about that than climate change.

I also agree nuclear is a real option, but it’s easy to see why American politicians still try to paint it as the big bad issue as still refer to it in the context of a weapon as opposed to what it can actually do. It will happen, but it’s probably a generation and one big war away.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 901217, member: 273”]Ah ok, apologies, I agree with that. Fracking is arguably a bigger issue than climate change IMO. In the sense that, in my belief, we can do a hell a lot more about that than climate change.

I also agree nuclear is a real option, but it’s easy to see why American politicians still try to paint it as the big bad issue as still refer to it in the context of a weapon as opposed to what it can actually do. It will happen, but it’s probably a generation and one big war away.[/quote]

Well yes, fracking is very easy to deal with, just stop doing it. There is absolutely no reason why coal seam gas is being carried out except greed. I don’t really think you can compare it as an issue to climate change to Kev, really, its just another thing thats causing climate change.

Fracking tend to be a more localized problem though.

Why are you ignoring a lot of the fcts about rain fall, ice melts etc though. Some of the supposed changes are either made up, stalling or reversing. One hot summer in Australia isn’t enough to convince me we caused it to any great degree.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 901228, member: 273”]Fracking tend to be a more localized problem though.

Why are you ignoring a lot of the fcts about rain fall, ice melts etc though. Some of the supposed changes are either made up, stalling or reversing. One hot summer in Australia isn’t enough to convince me we caused it to any great degree.[/quote]
What facts? What supposed changes have been made up?

Provided it is not going to be used for weapons, yes.

Typical leftist diatribe, play the man not the ball. And when people disagree with you, squeal like a pig.

You are talking through your hole now. It has always rained in Ireland.

Who is this “Majority”? Al Gore? The guy who couldn’t win his own state in 2000 and let Dubya in? Where is the voluminous research? Such as moving the goalposts when the numbers don’t match your theory?

And Nigel is Nigela’s dad. So take that back you cunt.

What loony tunes about the Yanks no longer having to invade the world because they have energy security?and bringing manufacturing back from offshore.

Read your poster boy George Monbiot on that topic.