What Climate Crisis?

And now the Germans have to build 20 new coal fired stations. Meanwhile the French get 80 per cent of power from nuclear.

Balbec has handed out an unmerciful mugging off here to ditzy, the temper can’t be far away you feel.

Thats quite funny actually. Researchers and scientists do their job and when they come up with unpalatable facts, they get death threats, but when those of us, “leftists” for the sake of simplcity, call deniers out, we’re told we’re not playing the game, we’re squealers. I’m not a marxist, or indeed a commie Balbec (I’ve read Korba the Dread mate, enough to put anyone off communism). I’m a free market and enterprise advocate (look at how I sack people, ask Juno, he has a big problem with it), left leaning in social values. For example, and you’ll understand its hard for me to say, I agree with your mate abbot about government handouts to business. But climate change is happening and will impact greatly (already is, ask the insurance industry) on business and free enterprise. Its stupid economics to deny it, incredibly stupid. I keep wondering why every company in the world spruiks their environmental policies on their websites, and do fuck all about it. Short term madness. The right have this big thing at the moment about not leaving the kids with a legacy of public debt, cleverly ignoring what they know is around the corner in terms of climate change impact.
Al Gore? Seriously Balbec, thats so 2006.
The voluminous research? Its everywhere. Tell you what, you find me peer reviewed, credible research showing the world hasn’t warmed in the last 16 years and I’ll show you the research to show it has.
Adelaide just had its 12th day over 40 degrees this summer. Thats hasn’t happened in over 120 years. Before 2009, Melbourne had never had a day with an average temperature over 35 degrees. In 2009 it had 2. This year, so far, its had 5.
I have no problem with nuclear power, when it managed correctly, I just think its stupid to start building new nuclear plants. Germany reacted in a stupid way.
Nigel is a cunt, Nigella looks horrible now, wouldn’t touch her with Tassoti’s.
You’re an intelligent and reasonable man Balbec, you’re from Limerick, you must be. I cannot therefore understand why you deny that climate change is happening. Its like saying you don’t believe in penicillin.

Fisty got mugged off there. Good and proper

Fitzy, I don’t argue that putting shit into the atmosphere can’t be good long term. But it is the total one sided hysteria of the climate change lobby that gets on my wick. And any opposing viewpoint is shouted down in increasingly shrill tones. I am sure the Indians and Chinese are all signed up to the climate change agenda.

[quote=“Fitzy, post: 901681, member: 236”]Thats quite funny actually. Researchers and scientists do their job and when they come up with unpalatable facts, they get death threats, but when those of us, “leftists” for the sake of simplcity, call deniers out, we’re told we’re not playing the game, we’re squealers. I’m not a marxist, or indeed a commie Balbec (I’ve read Korba the Dread mate, enough to put anyone off communism). I’m a free market and enterprise advocate (look at how I sack people, ask Juno, he has a big problem with it), left leaning in social values. For example, and you’ll understand its hard for me to say, I agree with your mate abbot about government handouts to business. But climate change is happening and will impact greatly (already is, ask the insurance industry) on business and free enterprise. Its stupid economics to deny it, incredibly stupid. I keep wondering why every company in the world spruiks their environmental policies on their websites, and do fuck all about it. Short term madness. The right have this big thing at the moment about not leaving the kids with a legacy of public debt, cleverly ignoring what they know is around the corner in terms of climate change impact.
Al Gore? Seriously Balbec, thats so 2006.
The voluminous research? Its everywhere. Tell you what, you find me peer reviewed, credible research showing the world hasn’t warmed in the last 16 years and I’ll show you the research to show it has.
Adelaide just had its 12th day over 40 degrees this summer. Thats hasn’t happened in over 120 years. Before 2009, Melbourne had never had a day with an average temperature over 35 degrees. In 2009 it had 2. This year, so far, its had 5.
I have no problem with nuclear power, when it managed correctly, I just think its stupid to start building new nuclear plants. Germany reacted in a stupid way.
Nigel is a cunt, Nigella looks horrible now, wouldn’t touch her with Tassoti’s.
You’re an intelligent and reasonable man Balbec, you’re from Limerick, you must be. I cannot therefore understand why you deny that climate change is happening. Its like saying you don’t believe in penicillin.[/quote]

So the heat in Adelaide has been seen before. Fascinating.

Care to expand on the Chinese and Indians there Balbec?

balbec playing the victim card in a classic right-wing technique. Science doesn’t victimise anybody.

The “man-made climate change isn’t happening” people are the ones who do most of the shouting.

You only have to hear the likes of Christopher Monckton, James Delingpole and that Yank on the George Hook show in action to know that.

"HEY, WE’VE HAD 10 DAYS OF SNOW HERE IN BOSTON AND THEY TELL US THAT THE WORLD IS WARMING?! THEY’RE A FRAUD!"

Of course climate change is happening. Climate change is always happening.
The world was hot, then it got cold, then it got hot again, then it got a bit cooler and now it’s getting a bit warmer again.

With all those factories they are opening at the moment, are they as honest and careful with the carbon omissions as the developed world is?

What’s your argument? That China and India have a strong interest in denying climate change?

No, but that any activities done in the west may be irrelevant given the amount of shit that the developing world is or is going to pump into the atmosphere as they catch up economically.

Ah right. So climate change isn’t happening but if it is it’s not man made and if it is there’s nothing we can do about it anyway because of the Chinese and Indians?

That sounds really fucking stupid pal.

[quote=“glasagusban, post: 901890, member: 1533”]Ah right. So climate change isn’t happening but if it is it’s not man made and if it is there’s nothing we can do about it anyway because of the Chinese and Indians?

That sounds really fucking stupid pal.[/quote]

You got it.

I would say the phrase " carbon omissions" just about sums it up.

China is about to collapse, wouldn’t worry about the emissions.

Be quiet you fool.

There’s a bubble about to burst. Question is if they can contain it?

They probably could if they had another growing industry, but they don’t. They still send all the best students abroad and i wonder have they “educated up” at all? Which would lead to something beyond manufacturing.
I believe that a lot of building materials and home products that are being used in Australian homes are getting even cheaper. Now that may be for a number of reasons, but it could also show hyper competitiveness, overstock or sell offs. The fact that Australian homes went up 11% (Perth) tells you a lot also.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/seriousness-of-climate-situation-has-yet-to-sink-in-nationally-1.1690731