Club Championships 2017

Personally I’d be against letting these cunts into the place, shower of townie knackers will probably rob the copper wiring but shur we’ll call it an outreach programme.

Parky’s attempts at tapas in the form of ham and cheese toastie will be under serious scrutiny from both sets of latte drinkers.

7 Likes

Woolbertos got a huge following in both clubs. He even had glas’s boyfriend on the pod not so long back

I called this Sunday evening after the final whistle.

Those calling for Thurles need to cop on. Portlaoise is the most central for both teams plus there won’t be more than a couple of thousand at it regardless.

Some lads just dont get it. You literally couldnt make it up. TBH it should be fucking played in somewhere like Moneygall.

Cuala need to put their Kerryman Daragh O’Connell back into midfield. He was man of the match in the AIF v Ballyhea in 2017, got a key goal in the Dublin final this year and has been hurling very well at midfield for them. Seemed strange to take him out of midfield to play him wing back

3 Likes

Wing back is where all the great players influence the game the most.

maybe but this man is a very good player not a great player

he and cuala were motoring better when he was playing midfield

I could see Dowling moving back into the forwards and Lynch moving back to midfield. Remember he was MOTM there in the previous match.

Lots of talk about the two lads coming back but remember:

Dowling has already taken Boylan’s place in the forwards/midfield, so we’re unlikely to see him start.

Kennedy who started the last match, Foley, and Grimes whose coming back are all very close and it’s horses for courses. Foley like Grimes can take a long range point and look a better option, but Kennedy is a tighter marker.

I can see them going for a team with a higher work rate, lots of the 50/50 rucks were lost.

1 Like

At least they have more options now off the bench … I expect Cuala’s forwards to do more.

Considering Dowling was a bit over a month back after knee surgery, he had an exceptional game. He’ll improve for the next one. Since Boylan wouldn’t have started anyway Grimes was the bigger loss last day out, but Kennedy was great, it would be very harsh to drop him. Grimes could come in as a sub or even start at midfield, his workrate would be a big addition. I don’t know who loses out though. Boylan will inject energy into the forwards when he comes in too.

Dowling never played midfield last week according to himself on the show with that Laois gobdaw.

Is Tom Ryan (liberties) on the bench for Cuala ? Can he play? or is it just out of respect for other lads that they haven’t included him on their all ireland panel.

Not good enough

Doubt it, looking at a few of them the last day.

As far as I know he is not eligible

1 Like

Didn’t someone say the transfer is for 2018 and this is still the 2017 season?

I understand that is the case .

Np should win tomorrow

1 Like

I think so .