Club Championships 2017

Mulqueen is a decent manager at this level. Was surprised he was so passive as part of Davys backroom team. Would be a straight shooter and very close to Ger Loughnane. I donā€™t think it is any coincidence that Ger was been fairly critical of Clare over that last 14 months yet said very little negative under the old regime mainly due to Louis involvement in it Iā€™d say.

Yeah but can you use that minimum game ban in say the league in Limerick .

i know suspensions for club and county donā€™t carry over alright.

O shea has built a decent underage club in salthill but they are a football club through and through. The second best in the county. Rahoon are ok, got to a few intermediate semis without ever threatening to win it, as much a rural club as a city one their main pick in the hills and back country above west side as flatly will tell you.

Castlegar are the great underachievers, produce top class underage teams every few years, have a great facility and a huge pick, they essentially cover the lake to the sea almost on the east side of the city but they fall short continuously. They are the leaders in the roll of honour, generally despised around the county especially by auld lads. Were over reliant on farragher for the past 15 years. Lost a good Connolly to cuala too.

1 Like

No, competition specific. They are out of the final barring appeal

Right, fair enough,

Highly regarded around Galway from what I gather. Considine, not so much.

Should be a very good final, Dowlings wrists for that goal today were outstanding. Na Piarsaigh will have to be an awful lot better though on Paddys day.

Very letargic in the first half, impressive 2nd half though particularly down to 13 men.

Dowling made big difference when he came on.

Dowling shut a lot of guys up here. Smashed them.

1 Like

He has great hands, did very well for Kevin Downes goal as well. Impressive given that heā€™d have very little done with that injury.

Give him 2-3 weeks and he will be flying it.

1 Like

We witnessed a serious Tour de France today from Shane, heā€™s some operator.

I still canā€™t remember a better goal, and i was right behind tommy Quaid when Fenton scored, if there was no nets it would have took my eye out.
The block down, the high lift, then the overhead bullet strike, who else could have done it? Genius

I presumed this was a pisstake earlier?

I presumed you would presume that alright, what with you being the type of fellayou are

Do you honestly think that Dowlingā€™s goal today is the best youā€™ve ever seen?

1 Like

Paul Flynn, Henry Shefflin, DJ Carey.

Flynn would have been the most likely to combine those skills in one burst but I never saw him do it.
dowlings catch and hand pass for Downes goal was a lovely piece of play as well

No way shefflin

Dowlingā€™s goal was a excellent goal and the lift and strike were impressive and we wont see too many better in 2018 but Slaughneil are a fairly average club side who would be more likely to be relegated from the limerick senior club championship than win it if they were in it.

Fair play to him for making the block down but the keeper dawdling on the ball and turning inside to clear the ball and the defending there after was really shabby stuff. For a goal to be proclaimed as the greatest of all time the quality of the team it was against and defending needs to be taken into account along with the skill and difficulty of it. The latter two were good but the first two take away from it.

2 Likes

In fairness the little snowflake chap didnā€™t say it was the greatest goal of all time, he said it was the greatest that he had seen.

Everyone knows that the greatest goal ever scored was the Donie Ryan smash in the All Ireland Semi Final of 2007

3 Likes