Club Championships 2017

Dowling destroyed half the board today.

7 Likes

The Flynner top spinner is the ggoat.

1 Like

Oh yes he did, the right half as well

1 Like

Sorry Fagan. I still have to go with Fenton in 87

He scored some good ones, he got a great one against Limerick in 98 where he weaved through the defence before applying a cheeky finish

1 Like

He just pulled wild on the ball.

Don’t think that was 98.

1 Like

What year was it, 2001?

1 Like

He did, but nobody since could have scored that goal, Fenton regularly scored points from similar strikes as I’m sure you know

Think it might have been 03, the game that wasn’t shown on TV because Thurles is a ahithole.

1 Like

I think that was the replay if I’m not mistaken

Might have been 1999 down in the Pairc now that I think of it.

1 Like

Definitely wasn’t 2003. 99 could be right

He got a good goal in the first half of the game in 01 when Limerick came back from the dead, was that it?

1 Like

The little snowflake chap is correct and right here lads. Early minutes of 2001 Munster Semi Final in PĂĄirc UĂ­ Chaoimh, Flynn got a great goal. Mullane was doing wreck in a red cooper helmet with no guard and Limerick looked dead and buried by half time. We destroyed them in the second half, Brian Begley took The Rock Cullinane to the cleaners and we won handy enough for a finish

John troy scored one when he hopped the ball in to his hand from the ground on the end line and turned and buried it which was better.

Didn’t James Butler score a cracker of a goal against Cork that year as well. Wasn’t too dissimilar to Eoin Kellys against Clare the following year.

Clem Smith took that fucker Mullane out.
Put an end to it

3 Likes

https://youtu.be/7Ur-QbUMjf0

1 Like

I missed the second half of this today and was disappointed when I finally saw the goal. Liam Aherne nearly ejaculated all over the commentary box when it went in so I was expecting something truly outlandish.

That said Dowling seems to have been a real game changer for Na Piarsaigh today. A clutch player.