Club Championships 2017

The dream is still alive.

He should have done a lot better with that, ie. he should have nailed it. I’ve been saying for a good while that while O’Callaghan has incredible instinct with which he could cause wreck at inter-county level, he’s far from a pure hurler and his striking isn’t that great, particularly off his left.

3 Likes

Just out of Croke Park.I thought we had it but when Dowling missed the free to put us 4 up I had a sinking feeling they would score a goal🤦‍♂️. Overall though I think a draw was a fair result and onwards and upwards for the replay. Portlaoise probably?

1 Like

They should put the replay on with the League final on March 31st - although that would obviously mean that the Cuala players wouldn’t be able to line out for Pat Gilroy’s Dublin team that day.

31st of March my arse. They should have the fucking thing tomorrow

Are you trying to give MacDowling a heart attack?

That was an epic battle. Fair play to both sides. Na P were the better side and really should have won it. Casey is going to be a star. David Dempsey caused absolute havoc in extra time and Downes was good all day. Cuala stuck at it but Na Piarsaigh snuffed their main men out pretty successfully. Sean Moran was class as was Sean Treacy until he cramped up. Mark Schutte had his moments too. Hard to call the replay but I’d say Cuala are relieved to have another shot.

4 Likes

NAP should of won by 3 + points in normal time.

I agree. Cuala were blessed. For some reason Cuala played a shorter game than normal. Loads of short puc outs and hand passing to marked men. Brennan the goalkeeper is a heart attack too.

Fixed that for you.

8 Likes

Imagine watching 2 games in the modern world we live in.

His own fault for missing a free straight in front of the goals to win it.

Sure I was doing that back in 1993 when Cablelink had the little boxes on screen with 9 or was it 16 different channels playing simultaneously.

It seems something “ very new “ to some people obviously.

You’re tough but fair.

Go way you wanker… You were wanking away to the rubby all day…

That was a great game today in the freezing cold and with a very difficult wind.

Freetaking was a key difference. Cuala were 100% including some very awkward ones from the side and of course got the goal from a free.
Meanwhile na p missed 3 and did not score a difficult one.

Na P are very well trained, thay have the best s&c man around (an old teammate of mine)
However they should have used a couple of subs on 50 minutes and again on 72/73 minutes.

Taking game management, freetaking plus two players coming back it is advantage na p for the replay.

No help to john kiely though.

2 Likes

It’s a fucking disgrace there will be no replay fixed till Tuesday .

1 Like

It should have be decided last week what would happen in the event of a replay. I bet you they won’t play it until Easter weekend. It’s absolutely scandalous

Cuala scored 1-12 from frees… NaP 4 points.

My man on the ground said even Cuala fans said they got the rub of the decisions…

1 Like