Club Championships 2017

He let an awful lot go and got most of it right but what he got wrong or fussy with favoured the Dubs

I thought he was pretty fair overall but the decisions at the end of both normal time and extra time were very harsh on Na Piarsaigh

Ah yeah, he largely let it flow which was great.

Agreed there were blatant Frees not given but to be fair he was consistent for both sides can’t ask for any more from a ref

I thought watching it live he was consistent and fair but those figures are a bit of an anomaly alright.

Missed the whole lot kid but heard it was both teams hard at it. So Na P get suspended lads back for replay?

Two rounds of the county championship in April as well. Na P will have no break.

Just watching it back on rte now. Sean Brennan made a crazy and ill advised charge off his line for Caseys goal. He also made a balls of a number of short puc outs

1 Like

The highlights here are all NaP. They will be sickened they didn’t win this today.

It will provide ye with an opportunity to clap them onto the field before ye lower the blades

1 Like

the ref was MOTM for me. Lovely to see a match flow without the choppiness that’s become associated with the modern game.
cracking match, fair play to both big city clubs. Hurling is box office.

not our style.

Just watched the highlights, fecked up the recording so couldn’t rewatch the whole game, hopefully TG4 will reshow it during the week. It was an incredible game, the cold and wind in Croke park were wicked, huge credit to both teams to perform so well, both clubs should be immensely proud of their teams.

I thought cuala got a lot of benefit from the ref, got their frees a lot easier. 1-12 from frees as against 4 tells a lot, and watching the highlights it was all Na P. The free at the end of normal time was soft enough, king tackled and half wrapped an arm around the cuala attacker, worse was let go all game, it was a free but harsh in context of what went before. The free at the end of extra time was worse, Casey had the ball and was fouled and flattened, no free, from the ground he made a grab for the cuala players hurley, free to cuala. Both were legitimate frees for cuala but on balance harsh from a Na P perspective.

We’ll have our two suspended players back, although only one of them would have started yesterday, but it strengthens our options from the bench.

We’ll win the replay.

5 Likes

It was fucking baltic. Im still defrosting here

Was in Croker Park yesterday. Great contest considering the conditions. It was absolutely baltic. Game really ebbed and flowed and I thought Colm Lyons had a decent game overall and let it flow which added to it. Nap will feel that they might have left it behind them but neither team deserved to lose given their honesty of effort yesterday.

Moran was outstanding at centre back for Cuala, he is an excellent reader of the game. Tracey at midfield was very good too before running out of steam while Oisin Gough was tidy. Shane Stapleton looked a very limited hurler when he came on, dirty hands on him.

A lot of good things happened off Kevin Downes yesterday and I would have given him or Moran MOTM. Casey had a decent battle with Con O’Callaghan.

Football was over after 10 minutes, Corofin were excellent. Great interplay and consistently made good decisions on the ball. Very impressive performance.

3 Likes

What was the official attendance

Two times 8000

1 Like

We are missing a narrative therr.

Have ye heard when the replay will be on?

A bit of corrosion on that faceguard on that helmet !!