Club Championships 2021 - is fulvio a cameraman?

Dublin Jimmy is alive and playing in goal for Derrygonnelly.

1 Like

Crokes will be a physical match for anyone but don’t seem as slick football wise… if mannion is silenced they’ll be in serious bother

Kilcoo’s strength is the collective.

Glen have two of the best footballers in the country in Glass and McFaul who walk onto any county team in the country and 4 or 5 other really good county standard footballers in Doherty x2, Tallon and Bradley. Glen have the ability to replicate the success of Crossmaglen but it’s tougher to keep coming out of Ulster each year than it would Munster or Connacht.

1 Like

The Armagh lads appear to be victims of restorative refereeing here

Wioooofff - but Dublin jimmy slow to get down

1 Like

I’ve a feeling this will go down to the wire yet.

Clann have been a come from behind team all season.

That’s nonsense anyway. Corofin only made it out of Connacht 5 times in the last 12 years, they went on to win the All-Ireland 4 times. Slaughtneil won Ulster 3 times in 4 years around the same period and never managed to claim an All-Ireland. When Crossmaglen, the last great club side in Ulster, were going well they usually came through Ulster - I think they have 3 All-Irelands from their last 8 Ulster titles. The standard in this Derrygonnelly game is very poor, the Derrygonnelly point in the 34th minute was a great reflection of the lack of decent coaching up here.
Having said that I expect the winner of tomorrows game to have a real good shot at the All-Ireland. I expect Kilcoo to be destroyed at midfield, but they will be prepared for that and if they can find a way to deal with it then they should win.

5 Likes

Have you clamped the Queens Bhoy again? :see_no_evil:

Corofin have won 5 of the last 6 Connacht titles.

They were in the final the other time they didn’t make it. You can try and manipulate that as much as you like.

It appears you have alright cc @Halfpipe

1 Like

CE could have worked their way back into this only for some wild shooting the last 10 minutes.

Kilcoo are brilliantly coached too. They got some new guy in this year with Mickey Moran and Conleith Gilligan. Think he’s from Tyrone. Seems to have added a bit to them.

Pity Mickey Moran has never got to use Darragh O’Hanlon who was a brilliant player before injury struck him down in his pomp.

They have also won 4 of the last 6 All-Irelands. For the slow learners, that means they were the best team in Ireland 4 of the past 6 years so it then follows they would also be the best team in their province. If they were in a weaker province, like for example Ulster, I’d have expected them to win all 6 provincial titles in that period.

1 Like

I just said Corofin have it easy coming out of Connacht. That’s not much of a lie. Sligo and Leitrim club football is of a really poor standard and you’ve only really had Castlebar in Connacht during that time who were of a decent standard. Have Roscommon produced a good teams since Brigids won the AI?

That’s pretty true. I’d fancy any of the last 4 in Ulster this year to win Connacht handy enough this year.

Turbitt is some footballer, be interesting to see how Armagh can get their firepower going in a full league this season.

St Brigids from Roscommon have won the club All-Ireland more recently than any Ulster club side. You might think that about the 4 Ulster teams but it’s just delusional, this game on at the moment is an exhibition of brainless football.

1 Like

The CE shot selection has been absolutely brainless.

1 Like

3 clubs have won the last 10 Connacht titles.
7 clubs have contested the last 10 AI titles.

In contrast

5 clubs have won the last 10 Ulsters.
11 clubs have contested the last 10 Ulster finals.

The way I’d look at it is kind of like this - a team like Scotstown would have won more than one Connacht club in the past 10 years. They have failed to get over the line in Ulster. Kilcoo only got over the line the last time around, they’d have done it more than once in Connacht.

For me club is all about building on it each year, you need to get your experience at this level and drive one - you’re seeing Derrygonnelly as a classic example of that. They have built up and built up and built up at provincial level each year, so have Kilcoo, so have Scotstown if you keep coming back you will get there eventually.

Brigids had won 3 Connachts in a row before they eventually got over the line.

Fairly meaningless stats without context. Was it easier to win Ulster when Crossmaglen were dominating than it is now? 4 different winners of the Armagh county championship in the last 5 years, does that mean it’s harder won now? Are that Clann Eireann side we saw this evening a better team than Crossmaglen of the 00s who won 13 in a row in Armagh?

1 Like
1 Like

*Stillorgan Crokes