Club Championships 2021 - is fulvio a cameraman?

Hard luck today @balbec

Your boys had a great year but underperformed today .

He’s not slow for a big man.

Surprised Considine didn’t have Costello back on Dessie from the start.

Jesus if he’s carrying that timber at 19/20 things aren’t going to get any easier for him which is a pity because he was the one fella who stood out for KM

Did Brian O’Sullivan retire or what’s his story?

Last I heard he went off travelling. This is a year or two ago. I don’t think he was ever as fully committed to the game as lads tend to be these days.

Jaysus, you’d hope so.

We’ll cobble a team together somehow.

1 Like

Another thing. That was the first time I saw a hurling match under lights. It’s shit.

1 Like

His brother David packed it in too at a relatively young age. Tim tore the cruciate last I heard.

The commitment required for Ballygunner probably exceeds some county teams at this stage.

David was a fine hurler.

Brian was in the early Waterford teams under McGrath. Maybe that knocked some of the love of the game out of him. He used to be fairly isolated inside and he was not built for that at all.

He’s living and working in Dublin as is David. I suppose they have won their medals and arent going to be pounding the motorway into their 30’s to chase a medal, there’s more to life!

Club hurling is becoming as boring as inter county. Munster between Ballygunner and Na Pairsaigh next year already. Na Pairsaigh will be a different beast with 2 Casey’s back. Tipp teams might be competitive but Cork and Clare miles off.

I wouldn’t go that far. On any given day any team can be beaten.

But Ballygunner and Na Piarsaigh are obviously elite and other clubs will need to work harder to beat them.

Kilmoyley v Coursey Rovers was an epic today.

CR had their home work done. They knew exactly how Kilmoyley would setup on puckouts. They knew there would be gaps to go short and they exploited it brilliantly. They moved the ball through hands really quickly and never let kilmoyley arrive in numbers which is their hallmark.
Meyler coached them a couple of years back so I guess they knew from that as well. Think they’d played in a friendly earlier in the year too.

Anyway it was point for point in the first half, Kilmoyley missed two good goal chances, while Coursey never got the ball inside Kilmoyleys 21 at any stage in the game really but scored some fantastic points from out the field. It was a hallmark of the game actually both sides very economical in front of goal and both scored some great points.

Pattern was the same second half nothing between them at all, but the ref started giving CR a lot of frees for Kilmoyleys tackling. Most of them were frees but they were just about frees, another ref would have left them off. He also pulled Kilmoyley twice for throws which again were throws but sure the throwing was going on all over. Kilmoyley crowd were livid. The frees started to add up and CR stretched out to a 4 point lead with about ten to go and the game looked over. But as I said after the county final, I don’t know how you get it, but Kilmoyley have that winners mentality and they never panicked.
With 5 to go they were three down but they reeled them in, one after another. To level with a minute to go.

ET then and it seemed the life was gone from CR. Kilmoyley exploded out of the blocks and were two up after 2 mins. They cut CR to shreds just after and had two men in on the goalie but they made a fuck of it and instead of ending the game, CR got straight up the field for a point and it was back to one and now CR were flying.
It was tit for tat for the rest of the game, but CR legs started to slow and gradually the rucks started to form and Kilmoyley are lethal in a battle like that. CR stopped going short when the game was in the melting pot. Afraid of giving away a handy one I suppose and that was the difference.

Kilmoyley were full value for the victory in the end, but could have no complaints if beaten in normal time.

It was a great game of hurling, standards were very high.

A great weekend for Kerry hurling.

18 Likes

While the Clare club championship isn’t hectic it’s still significantly better than Corks, no need to drag us down to your level

2 Likes

I thought it was a belter of a match Julio, real physical battle, pride of the parish and great quality points from both teams

Deserved reward for Kilmoyley in Munster, this near 20 years, they have been trying to land a big one outside Kerry and today it finally came

7 Likes

Would love to be heading to the tochar for the week

1 Like

What club team share the other half of the parish with Kilmoyley?

I’d guess at Ardfert but i could be wrong

The 42 have an article up saying Meyler wasn’t at the match as he was away on holidays.

A sickener if he missed it considering all he has put in there over many years.