Club Championships 2021 - is fulvio a cameraman?

Are we talking as the crow flies or distance via google maps, gents?

As the crow flies I’d say

Clonlara and Na Piarsaigh?

Twas about an hour of a drive in those days. BH and BG would be half the distance anyway. Only 20 miles.

1 Like

Some lads just don’t get it

8 Likes

is this not all hypothetical ?

Sure most things he posts are fantasy. The rest of us were discussing what the actual closest pairing so far was

1 Like

I got that all sorts of wrong anyway - clonlara and na piarsaigh could never meet in a aif - but you’re correct

crusheen and one of the south galway clubs would be a fair shout

Crossmaglen Rangers v Na Fianna is the closest there has ever been to a local derby in an All-Ireland Club Football final.

Shows how Gaelic football is a truly nationwide game in a way hurling isn’t.

2 Likes

Garrycastle and Bridgets would have been the one, but missed each other by a year

Portlaoise played Clan an Gael in the final one year back in the early 80’s. Portlaoise to the greater Athlone metropolis possibly closer than northside of Dublin to Crossmaglen?

1 Like

Crossmaglen v Na Fianna had a strong element of a South Armagh local derby with Mullabawn’s Kieran McGeeney and Cullyhanna’s Des Mackin lining out for Na Fianna.

1 Like

Waterford city :rofl:

1 Like

Random. What’s the reference there?

Ya any auld fool can play football

Ballygunner would take offence at being referred to as a ‘City’ club.

Who won the Connaught and Ulster intermediate hurling titles? Mayo champions in Connaught? I wouldn’t say Naas are a certainty. Oylgate have quite a few Wexford panelist’s and were senior semi-finalists in 2018. That should be a very good game which I’m sure the Buff will broadcast live on Snapchat.

Tooreen won Connacht. Think a Derry team won Ulster but that is actually their intermediate grade. Kilkenny is usually very strong intermediate and junior so I was thinking if Naas were good enough to beat Glenmore they’d nearly be favourites to win the whole thing

Yeah they will be hard stopped alright I’d say. Beat Cloughbawn by 6 points or so a couple of years back but I’d say Oylgate are stronger than Cloughbawn on paper. Tullaroan beat Naas comfortably in the Leinster final that time but they took very well to senior since so were a very strong intermediate side.

Will Kerry champions go up to senior provincial if they win the All-Ireland like Carlow did after MLR won it back in 2012?

DLS have their underage training split between The club grounds and the secondary college I think. To stop numbers from St Declan’s NS and DLS college defecting out to Ballygunner.

1 Like