Club Championships 2021 - is fulvio a cameraman?

Carlow champs would have beaten Kilmallock yesterday.

Banagher beat Lisbellaw at the weekend alright. Derry club championship is odd, all teams in the county play each other in the group and then where you finish decides whether you go into the senior, intermediate or junior final. Banagher were due to play Slaughtneil in the group but conceded the game. They aren’t bad though, would have a number of county hurlers.

Birr v Kiltormer couple of kilometres difference is all I’d imagine

They might feign offence but they’re more than happy to take the numbers from the city.

1 Like

In an AI Final? By God

Think they played in a semi final but they are more or less two clubs from the same town. All go to secondary school together etc. The dolan cousins playing against each other

1 Like

It’ll be a fair while before that dominance slows down however and there is more than enough room out there for another club or two, however it would take a break away, some balls and the backing of the East and County board (similar to Roanmore those years ago). I’ve often heard of disillusionment out the Dunmore Rd amongst certain groups and individuals but I’ve never seen anyone with the balls to go and do anything about it.
Certainly Tramore and Dungarvan from their demographics should be doing more than they have been. I had earmarked Ferrybank as a club and as an area prime for growth but the crash seems to have put paid to that.

I was at that one. Mount Leinster Rangers were very sluggish in the first 15 minutes after spending the 11 weeks since the Carlow final kicking football. They outhurled Ballyhale for the rest of the game but had left themselves too much to do after such a bad start.

Rynaghs should have beaten Ballyhale as well.

1 Like

Ballyhale are like Kilkenny in their prime, they get better the closer they get to Croke Park, if you don’t catch them early you will rarely catch them late

2 Likes

That’s true. I do fancy Ballygunner to win it out though.

In the last couple of decades it would have to be Corofin and Dr. Crokes really. Or else possibly Crossmaglen Garrycastle?

“Derby’s” in an All Ireland Club Final are extremely unlikely in Football.

Garrycastle v Brigids in a Semi Final back in 2012 was incredibly unique but I doubt we’ll see something like it for a while.

Think they played eachother in semi final one year …

1 Like

Yep in 2011 I think it was

Dessie surely posts on TFK.

That was for after the match

3 Likes

He doesn’t get much credit really and is never spoken about as a MOTM contender ever, but Kenny is unreal for BG.

he pucked a ball to a free man while under no pressure whatsoever?

1 Like

He’s not really. He’s a journeyman corner back.

2 Likes

Not many club corner backs would be as composed there especially in the conditions.

He’s had Mulcahy and John McGrath in his pocket the last two games and not a word about it. Dessie/Mahony’s/SOKY get all the credit.

I’d have him in the conversation for Club Player of the Year on current form.